Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

If you were relegated, would it not incentivise teams to lose games and finish bottom in order to get more money?

You’d be miffed off if you were fighting for the title or CL or whatever and your rivals were playing someone in that situation.

Would it work if you didn't include the relegated teams? So they get some form of the current parachute payments while 1st-17th gets the reversed money. Wouldn't make sense to give CL-challenger money to a team about to go in to the Championship.

Not that I'm a fan of the concept in general.

You’d still have the same issue with all teams I guess. Teams 10th and below with 5 games to go would be incentivised to lose their remaining games as they have nothing other than money to play for.

:thup: Agreed and why I'm not a fan in general. Would only stop extreme tanking. Probably have to look at implementing fines for fielding understrength teams but that'd be an absolute minefield.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people bother to host illegal live football streams? Do they make  a decent amount of money from the ads? Surely the ones that use the likes of acestream dont, so is it just a fuck you to the TV companies?

I mean credit to them like, but it seems more hassle than it'd be worth unless there was financial gain.

• 2 weeks later...

Was Darryl Janmaat a flop for us? HITC Sport did a list on flops that signed after a tournament and for us they picked Janmaat. I thought he was one of our better players that season.

Not especially. Did ok for us before deciding moving was a better option

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When did Soccer AM stop being widely watched? As a kid always seem to remember it being on on a Saturday morning before going to the match, then just, well, stopped. :lol: Cold turkey pretty much as well. I know loads of people say it went downhill when Lovejoy left but I only remember it with Max Rushden.

(Slightly NSFW)

Had to watch that 3 or 4 times before I caught on...then maybe another 3 or 4 times. Just to make sure.

But yeah, Soccer AM was like Loaded Magazine but on TV and mainly football. Didn't really like it that much.

Now the first few seasons of Fantasy Football, I thoroughly enjoyed those.

• 1 month later...

Less fussy about individual fixtures but stadiums to visit off the top of my head would be

• Azteca for a Mexico or big America game
  • Racing v Independiente or one of the other big 5 at El Cilindro
  • A big European game at Fenerbahce or Besiktas complete with boat trip to the game.

Not sure when they’re moving but more realistically I’d like to go to de Kuip before it’s obsolete.

Thinking on this with Arsenal visiting tomorrow, but what clubs go on to have continued or greater success after spunking millions on a new stadium or big expansion. 

We're obviously an example of it going wrong, as are Arsenal and I expect Spurs to be the same. 

City were given their stadium so wouldn't include them, Chelsea maybe? 

An obvious one being boca/River also wydad v Raja. Would love to go to an old firm game or Celtic on a European night.

saint Ettienne

El classico

Rosario v Newells

racing v independiente 

Id like to visit the san Siro before it goes and also Seville

oh and redstart v partizan 

28 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Thinking on this with Arsenal visiting tomorrow, but what clubs go on to have continued or greater success after spunking millions on a new stadium or big expansion. 

We're obviously an example of it going wrong, as are Arsenal and I expect Spurs to be the same. 

City were given their stadium so wouldn't include them, Chelsea maybe? 

juve