Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Football clubs are limited to players from their city/surrounding area. Who has the best team in the league? Who's the best team in the world?

PSG by a mile.

• 1 month later...

Seen a few people and places refer to the Serbian club as 'Crvena zvezda' rather than calling them Red Star Belgrade recently. Is there a particular reason for the change to calling them by their Serbian name? and why do you never see the Z capitalised? 

On a completely unrelated note: I once saw them lift the Serbian league title, their fans spend large parts the match singing racist slurs about Kosovo or complaining about UEFA; just a standard day in the balkans. 

• 4 weeks later...

Right, my mind has gone blank and I can't think of this player's name; played for us, signed from either Leicester or Chelsea I think. Brazilian whose name was like a first name but spelt incorrectly. I'd google it but I don't know what to google. Any ideas on who I'm trying to remember or am I just imagining him?

1 minute ago, Stal said:

Right, my mind has gone blank and I can't think of this player's name; played for us, signed from either Leicester or Chelsea I think. Brazilian whose name was like a first name but spelt incorrectly. I'd google it but I don't know what to google. Any ideas on who I'm trying to remember or am I just imagining him?

Kenedy?

1 minute ago, Stal said:

Geremi ?

• 2 weeks later...

This maybe a dumb question, but at least the topic is then correct. I have interesting piece of Hungarian (and English) football history, and I decided to offer it to some museum to their exhibition.

I found this https://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/exhibitions/ferenc-puskas-worlds-greatest-goalscorer/ but I don't know if that is still open. Is that like the biggest football related museum in England? Hungary did not seem to have any football museum, only sports in general.
IMG_6119.thumb.JPG.74e2919f727dc5ff82285cdadb1b6289.JPG
Hopefully the photo is good enough, but it is a matchday programme from December 1954 with Hungarian players autographs. Wolves vs Kispest Honved.

Edited by KingArthur

1 hour ago, KingArthur said:

I don't know if that is still open. Is that like the biggest football related museum in England?

Aye, still open and is, indeed, the National Football Museum - if you're looking to offer it to a museum, it'd be the logical choice (in the UK at least, dunno about a Hungarian equivalent!)

1 hour ago, KingArthur said:

This maybe a dumb question, but at least the topic is then correct. I have interesting piece of Hungarian (and English) football history, and I decided to offer it to some museum to their exhibition.

I found this https://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/exhibitions/ferenc-puskas-worlds-greatest-goalscorer/ but I don't know if that is still open. Is that like the biggest football related museum in England? Hungary did not seem to have any football museum, only sports in general.
IMG_6119.thumb.JPG.74e2919f727dc5ff82285cdadb1b6289.JPG
Hopefully the photo is good enough, but it is a matchday programme from December 1954 with Hungarian players autographs. Wolves vs Kispest Honved.

Yeah that museum is still open and I don't think there's any other bigger ones in England. Think the museum used to be in Preston but is now in Manchester city centre and it was relatively busy when I went.

Drop them an email to see if they're interested :thup:

On 11/04/2023 at 01:00, Kid Icarus said:

Football clubs are limited to players from their city/surrounding area. Who has the best team in the league? Who's the best team in the world?

Maybe some brazilian team? Don't know where in Brazil the best Brazilian players are from.

• 1 month later...

Why is that when a club gets into the Europa/ Europa Conference League, people say "Playing Thursday - Sunday" will have a big effect in terms of fatigue and travel time etc, yet don't say the same thing about playing Wednesday - Saturday? 

33 minutes ago, 54 said:

Why is that when a club gets into the Europa/ Europa Conference League, people say "Playing Thursday - Sunday" will have a big effect in terms of fatigue and travel time etc, yet don't say the same thing about playing Wednesday - Saturday? 

Usually teams who aren't as used to playing in Yewrup. Also Sunday non-TV 2pm games are always the worst atmosphere wise.

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

It has been mentioned a few times about us playing  Wednesday/Saturday type thing 

• 3 weeks later...

Would a sale and loanback trip FFP regs?

So if Newcastle sold Callum Wilson to a Saudi club for £50m, and brought him back in on loan - is that just a positive net £50m movement (depending on who pays wages) etc?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...