Arsene Wenger

Parky

He needs to do something next season or the fans will really turn on him. He should spend some money in the summer to get that extra bit of class that is needed to make them title winners. I think they will lose Fabregas as well so he will definitely need to spend big replacing him.

Yes, it's been clear for years that they need someone who can handle the physical side of the game and that they need a decent keeper. Whenever he loses points because of this though he just points his finger at someone else, usually the referee or the opposition player who can out muscle his team.

Guest Stephen927

He isn't a joke, I totally admire his philosophy on football. If he wasn't so single minded though, they could be a real force, rather than a bully of the poorer teams.

I wouldn't say he's a joke. Arsenal are always in the title race, they just fall to pieces near the end. Most teams would kill for that.

I do however find myself hoping he gets cheated and conned every week just to see how much of a baby he can be, so maybe he is a joke?

Guest neesy111

No trophy in 6 seasons for the 2nd biggest club imo in the UK after Man Utd is a complete utter failure.  When you actually look into their team, it's full of gaps actually.  Compare their defence to Man Utd for example, complete difference in class.

Been saying it for a while now, I can't see them getting back to the top with Wenger.  Don't buy into this 'most teams would kill to be in Arsenal's position, falling at the last hurdle every season or not'. Of course we'd be happy with our club doing that, but would we be if we saw them doing it for 6 straight years? For the level they're at, that's not a success. They're at a standstill and something needs to be done.

Not saying I can see any particular manager coming in and just adding the final pieces and them being right back up there, though. So I suppose they might just have to live with it for a few more years. Arsenal changing managers in the hope they can add that finishing touch that Wenger's been lacking the past few years will be an almighty risk, and IMO not worth the upheaval. Better the devil you know?

He knows he's going to have to negate ever so slightly on his principles to get them to the next level.

If you compare their team to Man Utd's, I'd say they have a better starting XI, there's no way the likes of O'Shea and Fletcher would get a game for Arsenal. But Ferguson keeps them their for their mentality, they aren't the most gifted of players, but they'll run through a brick wall for the cause. Arsenal just don't have enough of those types of players.

I'd also cash in on Fabregas, as he's not showing the attitude you'd expect of your captain.

I think Wenger's main problem is communication and conviction rather than methods.

His biggest mistake is to allow the media and press to get hold of this "mentally weak" and "easy to bully" story and run with it properly. He has even admitted it himself in interviews and press conferences.

What he should really be saying is that he has full confidence in his players and his methods, and he's proud of what he has achieved with the club.

What he has done with Arsenal is almost miraculous IMO. Because of the length of time between trophies he is now coming under more pressure, but to call him a joke is way over the top.

Maybe the type of football that Arsenal play is becoming easier to stop in the Premier League, but I still think he needs to tweak his squad and his approach rather than reinvent it.

Too many kids and foreign players, not enough Keowns, Dixons, Semans, Wrights & Adams in the team.

Very much a team shaped in the managers image, very French, surrender monkeys to the end.

though limited, Scott Parker would give them something they are lacking, and could help them as he doesn't stop until the whistle and isn't effected by the scoreline, he just keeps going. A Joey Barton would also be a good shout but Wenger likes sulky petulant foreign boys not men who'll stand up to him.

i wouldnt say he's a joke. the way he's re-invented them as a club and guided them through the whole stadium change whilst keeping them challenging has been brilliant imo. heard an arsenal fan on 5live this morning saying he reckons they should bring in adams or keown as a number 2 and then move arsene upstairs after one season. i know its just the views of one man but thats so disrespectful to wenger imo.

i really hope they ship him out because i think they'll be in for quite a shock, who's to say that there is loads of money to spend anyway?

i wouldnt say he's a joke. the way he's re-invented them as a club and guided them through the whole stadium change whilst keeping them challenging has been brilliant imo. heard an arsenal fan on 5live this morning saying he reckons they should bring in adams or keown as a number 2 and then move arsene upstairs after one season. i know its just the views of one man but thats so disrespectful to wenger imo.

i really hope they ship him out because i think they'll be in for quite a shock, who's to say that there is loads of money to spend anyway?

Wenger himself.

Wenger himself.

he said 'i've got loads of money to spend but i dont want to'?

Wenger himself.

Wenger's always publicly stated that there's money to spend, but he doesn't want to as he believes in his "project".

Wenger himself.

Wenger's always publicly stated that there's money to spend, but he doesn't want to as he believes in his "project".

fair do's, i dont believe everything that comes out of a football club though, there might not be as much as people think. i happen to think the injury to eduardo was massively unlucky for them like, they had a natural finisher in him and they've never replaced him

Wenger himself.

fair do's, i dont believe everything that comes out of a football club though, there might not be as much as people think. i happen to think the injury to eduardo was massively unlucky for them like, they had a natural finisher in him and they've never replaced him

Aye. Before his injury Eduardo looked the business.

He just never mentally recovered from it.