Chants at football matches, where to draw the line?

ponsaelius

I've heard a few chants that are racist and I would never join in with, especially the Kenwyne Jones and Adebayor ones. That includes at St James's.

I heard a fantastic hybrid of the two last season, which basically involved replace Adebayor's name with Kenwyne Jones. Truth be told the song itself wasn't fantastic, but the bloke who shouted at the charva spackers who had started singing it was.

"We're you taught nowt in school? He's from Trinidad, man. They don't fucking have elephants over there you stupid cunts!"

:lol:

:lol:

That's class.

Worst I have been 'involved' in was chants against two (I think) man u youth players who were on loan at watford and died in a car crash! That was far too far!

One, Jimmy Davis. His friend Danny Webber came on loan to us at the same time, so was probably playing whenever these chants were made. Must have been pretty bad for him.

Worst I have been 'involved' in was chants against two (I think) man u youth players who were on loan at watford and died in a car crash! That was far too far!

One, Jimmy Davis. His friend Danny Webber came on loan to us at the same time, so was probably playing whenever these chants were made. Must have been pretty bad for him.

Yeah sounds familiar, to make it worse it wasn't even a Watford game!

Guest daniel c

i must admit im not proud of it  but i remember singing theres only one yorkshire ripper to police at huddersfield in the 80s and joining in the munich song when i was young and daft

Blackburn v Man City last night, sounded like City fans were singing "Who put the ball in the Munichs net?" Personally hate Man U, but a bit disrespectful that. Regretably i have to admit to joining in with "Who's that lying on the runway" in years gone by. A combination of youth and drink unfortunately.

Me too as ive sang that but would never sing anything against clubs who have lost fans in disasters etc ,racism is just so wrong and would like to think Toon fans are above that.

Standing in the home end in the SoS, I was taken aback at the way the unwashed were going on.  Not a single chant was sung.  Not one.  All that happened was the home fans stood there and individually shouted abuse whilst fuming away.  Absolutely toxic.  The away fans sung their hearts out throughout, with renditions of s*nderland's a shithole et al.  Difference is, the chants were funny, what the mackems were doing was just angry and aggressive.

I think if chants are funny and 'banter' it's fine, the same way as taking the p*ss out of your mates in the pub is fine.  But you wouldn't scream at your mate in his face that he was a c***.  That would get you glassed.  Same way that chanting about dead players and stuff is not funny, that's just fighting talk.

Tbf in level 7 (and a few away games) ive heard "we'll all party when Ashley dies", which i think is a bit naff...i generally think death shouldnt realy be chanted about, no matter how dispicable a person is. If you hate Mike Ashley, do the usual "I dont care about Ashley" or "get out of our club" but that other one just makes us look poor man...