Haye Fight

BoSelecta

I'm going, flying out from Birmingham Saturday morning and coming back Monday evening, £215.

Tickets going on sale next week apparently, shouldn't be too bad to get hold of them as long as you're on the ball, probably sell out in 36 hours apart from the expensive seats.

Haye's got a decent shot here but Wlad is deservedly the favourite, what Haye has got going for him is Wlad's chin is hideous and if he can connect then he's got a good chance of finishing him off, the problem for Haye is getting him to come out and fight rather than sitting behind his jab the entire fight which is why he's trying to get under his skin with his taunts, whether it will work or not I'm not sure but you can tell by the clips from their face to face that Klitschko is biting badly.

The downside for Haye is that his chin isn't very good either and neither is his stamina, his ability as a counter puncher is good though and it will be a case of whether he's fast enough to slip the jab and land, he's certainly the fastest opponent Klitscho has ever faced which makes it quite an intriguing match up that has little chance of going the distance.

Haye has zero chance if he tries to box Wlad, and a 1 in 30 chance if he goes toe-to-toe.

Truth be told, I don't think Haye has it in him to go toe-to-toe with a guy who can easily turn his lights out with both hands. Valuev, Ruiz and Big Aud all had him fighting with caution - and none of them can hit like WK.

Plus, Haye doesn't have the one-punch power to truly test Wlad's chin like Corrie Sanders did. To knock Wlad out he'll have to land in combinations, which just isn't going to happen, barring a freak injury.

Haye has zero chance if he tries to box Wlad, and a 1 in 30 chance if he goes toe-to-toe.

Truth be told, I don't think Haye has it in him to go toe-to-toe with a guy who can easily turn his lights out with both hands. Valuev, Ruiz and Big Aud all had him fighting with caution - and none of them can hit like WK.

Plus, Haye doesn't have the one-punch power to truly test Wlad's chin like Corrie Sanders did. To knock Wlad out he'll have to land in combinations, which just isn't going to happen, barring a freak injury.

Haye isn't going to try and box him, he's going to circle him from distance while pawing away Wlad's left hand looking to slip it and land in flurries.

I'd argue that Klitschko is an even more cautious fighter than Haye which is why Haye is trying to get under his skin, he knows his only chance is to get Wlad to come out of his robotic stance and try to put a beating on Haye, that way he opens up and leaves Haye angles to take advantage of.

Haye does have the power too, the problem with Wlad is that when he does get caught he loses all sense of how to defend himself as seen in the fights with Sanders and Brewster, so if he can land that first big shot he will get the chance to put combinations together to finish him off.

You're talking about the Wlad Klit of about 7 years ago, man. Different fighter.

If he tries to do what you've suggested, he'll end up exactly like Eddie Chambers - who's natural fighting style is to circle, unlike Haye.

And if he tries to paw he'll get Knocked out with the right cross, no question.

You're talking about the Wlad Klit of about 7 years ago, man. Different fighter.

If he tries to do what you've suggested, he'll end up exactly like Eddie Chambers - who's natural fighting style is to circle, unlike Haye.

And if he tries to paw he'll get Knocked out with the right cross, no question.

Wlad very rarely throws the right when he's got a moving target in front of him which is what Haye will be constantly doing, the Chambers fight was awful too, he basically had someone in front of him that wouldn't throw any punches yet wouldn't open up enough to put him away despite being urged to by Manny Steward.

Klitschko has evolved massively since those defeats and you won't hear me say any different, Steward has done a great job with him to come up with a fighting style that protects that dodgy chin of his however we haven't been in a position to see how he will react when/if he does get caught since those loses due to his fighting style.

I expect a slow start from both with the crowd jeering due to the lack of action, Wlad will be moving forward with his left arm extended and Haye will be moving around the ring pawing it away, as I said Wlad is unlikely to throw his right if he's against a moving target so Haye won't have to worry about a big shot, then it's up to him to attempt to slip the jab and rush in with the flurries, one thing Haye is good at, which negates a lot of Wlad's defence, is working his way out of the clinch. When he does this against Wlad, he'll be forcing the fight on the inside and Wlad has no inside game or defence there, so that's where Haye has his best chance. Move inside, throw shots to avoid being clinched and, if he is held onto, work out of it by dipping low and throw combinations after before Klitschko can get his guard back up.

I'd still pick Wlad to win as long as he can stick to his game plan and doesn't move away from his jab, however Haye is a live opponent and with his speed and power I wouldn't be shocked if he did pull it off.

I also think Haye's overhand right could cause Wlad fits if worked correctly against Klitschko's jab.

This 'live opponent' crap does my head in. Haye's no more proven than any of the 'bums' that Wlad has put away in the last few years.

Haye is more dangerous than anyone Klitschko has fought in recent years due to his power and speed, unless you think Peter and Rahman (who was touted as an opponent for Tyson Fury :lol:) recently were as dangerous as Haye? Chageav is a decent win compared to the rest but Haye would eat him up quite easily too.

The annoying thing from my point of view is I've gone to the trouble of writing a detailed response on how I see the strength and weaknesses of Klitschko in the fight, yet you've ignored this completely and instead of trying to debate the points I've put forward or offer your own in depth version of both fighters you've instead picked out one comment and scoffed at it.

You're completely missing the fact the Wlad has a monster of a left hook. Wlad has an inside game, he just rarely needs to use it. And why would he? It's a risk he never needs to take, as easy as it for us as fans to assert that he's a horrible fighter to watch.

You're completely missing the fact the Wlad has a monster of a left hook. Wlad has an inside game, he just rarely needs to use it. And why would he? It's a risk he never needs to take, as easy as it for us as fans to assert that he's a horrible fighter to watch.

I haven't said anywhere that Wlad hasn't got a good left hook, however since hooking up with Steward his left has predominantly been used to jab and keep opponents at a distance.

What fights are you thinking of where Wlad has demonstrated a decent inside game?

Wlad's defence on the inside is a simple one - He doesn't slip shots, he doesn't block them, he doesn't fight back, he simply grabs on to his opponent until the referee breaks them apart. However, as we've seen time and time again with Haye, he is very good on the inside because he avoids being grabbed, slips out of it and then lands uppercuts and hooks. As Wlad doesn't have any real defence on the inside, if Haye can slip out of the clinch like we've seen before, he will land some good shots on Wlad.

The Byrd and Thompson fights certainly showed glimpses of it. He isn't an inside fighter - a 6'7" boxer shouldn't be, frankly, but he isn't incapable of holding his own in that situation either.

Fair play, bud, but you've projected a lot of qualities onto Haye that he can only dream of.

I've actually gained a bit of respect for the lad for taking the fight, because I think he knows there's a very good chance he's going to be seriously hurt in July. He's not like a Chris Arreola, built to take punishment for 12 rounds. He has a small head, a relatively small neck and very little protection to his mid-section. Also, his head movement is improving but still poor.

I agree with Ronaldo on everything apart from Haye not having the power to knock Wlad out with a punch. I absolutely think he does, but I don't think he'll get anywhere near landing it.

Most people I talk to think Haye will win. I think he has next to no chance. Vitali would beat him as well I reckon.

The Byrd and Thompson fights certainly showed glimpses of it. He isn't an inside fighter - a 6'7" boxer shouldn't be, frankly, but he isn't incapable of holding his own in that situation either.

Fair play, bud, but you've projected a lot of qualities onto Haye that he can only dream of.

I've actually gained a bit of respect for the lad for taking the fight, because I think he knows there's a very good chance he's going to be seriously hurt in July. He's not like a Chris Arreola, built to take punishment for 12 rounds. He has a small head, a relatively small neck and very little protection to his mid-section. Also, his head movement is improving but still poor.

The Byrd fight backs up what I say about Wlad's inside game completely, he throws around 2 punches from an inside position throughout the whole fight and all he's interested in doing is holding his opponent until the ref breaks them apart so he can fight at distance again.

I agree about Haye not being built for punishment but he's never been able to take a punch well but the same goes for Wlad who turns into a wobbling mess.

I agree with Ronaldo on everything apart from Haye not having the power to knock Wlad out with a punch. I absolutely think he does, but I don't think he'll get anywhere near landing it.

Most people I talk to think Haye will win. I think he has next to no chance. Vitali would beat him as well I reckon.

Vitali would beat Haye comfortably and is one of the best heavyweights ever when ranking him H2H, his brother however has one of the worst chins of any heavyweight champ in history.