Henry Cooper RIP

Crumpy Gunt

Sir Henry Cooper is out for the count. R.I.P.

I noticed GM mentioned Ted Lowe has passed away strange how how the voice of snooker passed away on the day the World Championship final started. R.I.P Whispering Ted.

The pair of them were great ambassadors for there sports.

Guest palnese

"Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, vi har slått dem alle sammen, vi har slått dem alle sammen [we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all]. Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher [...] your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

RIP

Incredible left hook. One of those fighters, like Frazier, who was just born to punch.

I highly recommend this, contains a terrific chapter about Cooper and an interview with him: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Facing-Ali-Opposition-Stephen-Brunt/dp/159228406X/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304284902&sr=1-7

RIP Sir Henry.

Thanks for the tip, just bought it for £1:15 including postage!

Incredible left hook. One of those fighters, like Frazier, who was just born to punch.

I highly recommend this, contains a terrific chapter about Cooper and an interview with him: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Facing-Ali-Opposition-Stephen-Brunt/dp/159228406X/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304284902&sr=1-7

RIP Sir Henry.

Thanks for the tip, just bought it for £1:15 including postage!

:thup:

The chapters with Foreman, Frazier and Earnie Shavers are also terrific.

Guest foon

Such a great character, this country won't produce one of those in boxing ever again. RIP.