Samsung TV not turning on.

Incognito

Guest neesy111

The red light on the standby button just keeps flashing but the 32" flatscreen will not turn on.Its only 3 years old ffs.

Any ideas?

Sounds Fucked.

Also age is not the biggest factor, it's how much you use the television.  If it's been on for 8-16 hours for most of the last 3 years then it's at the end of it's life most likely.

Guest Heneage

You know for a fact the batteries went in Neesy's remote he took it to Curry's they told him that and he bought a brand new telly because of it.

Guest neesy111

What a crock of shit.

LCD televisions have a lifespan in hours watched not in days, some go well above it and some go well below that.  Older LCD's and especially Plasma's have around 20,000 - 40,000 depending on the make while the newest models can go up to 100,000 hours (you'll probably buy a new TV before some newer LCD's break).

Guest neesy111

You know for a fact the batteries went in Neesy's remote he took it to Curry's they told him that and he bought a brand new telly because of it.

What a fucking tool you are if you believe that.

The fact you believe I went I would go to Curry's to buy something electrical which I've never have or never will as you find 99% of the shit they sell elsewhere for cheaper (if you know where to look) and you I don't have to listen to their supposed experts telling me complete utter lies about some of there products which they've told me when I've been into one of there shitty shops a few years back.

What a fucking tool you are if you believe that.

The fact you believe I went I would go to Curry's to buy something electrical which I've never have or never will as you find 99% of the shit they sell elsewhere for cheaper (if you know where to look) and you I don't have to listen to their supposed experts telling me complete utter lies about some of there products which they've told me when I've been into one of there shitty shops a few years back.

Argos for you then?

What a crock of shit.

LCD televisions have a lifespan in hours watched not in days, some go well above it and some go well below that.  Older LCD's and especially Plasma's have around 20,000 - 40,000 depending on the make while the newest models can go up to 100,000 hours (you'll probably buy a new TV before some newer LCD's break).

A day is made up of a number of hours, you knew that right? So let's say 30,000 hours for his TV. Even at a frankly ridiculous 16 hours of operation per day, every single day of the year - that's over five years of use.

Crock of shit. :thup:

PS: nice sprinkle of irony in your other post.

Guest Heneage

What a f***ing tool you are if you believe that.

The fact you believe I went I would go to Curry's to buy something electrical which I've never have or never will as you find 99% of the s*** they sell elsewhere for cheaper (if you know where to look) and you I don't have to listen to their supposed experts telling me complete utter lies about some of there products which they've told me when I've been into one of there shitty shops a few years back.

Sounds like the blind leading the blind.

• 3 weeks later...

If you cannot locate send me the part numbers and I'll see what I can dig up, think I've a few links for when I sorted out my dads board on his samsung.

I've paid someone to fix it mate...appreciate it though. :thup:

If you cannot locate send me the part numbers and I'll see what I can dig up, think I've a few links for when I sorted out my dads board on his samsung.

No bother, can I ask how much and where?

No bother, can I ask how much and where?

140 quid here in Cov mate...I'll wager I could have done it alot cheaper your way mind.

Guest neesy111

Should have a look at what companies will part exchange billy as LCD's are dead cheap nowadays.