Our most improved player 10/11

The Prophet
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It seems to come up a fair bit so I thought I'd start a thread. Personally given his form in the relegation season I'd have to say Barton. Simpson has come on a ton but he still has some issues with his game. I'd also give Best a shout after gaining some confidence in front of goal.

I'd say Simpson because for me he's consistently played at a level above what I expected from him. Barton's improved but he's only really reached a level we all expected from him in the first place. If Best had played a full season he would've probably snatched it but, he's played too little for me.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Be hard to beat Michael Richardson's rise from down and out local boxer, to #1 contender for the belt against Apollo Creed like.

Barton has been a class apart this season. Glad to see Nolan playing at the same level he was last season.

Btw, Tiote was shite before he joined us.

No he wasn't.

I was joking, you muppet.

No longer plays for us.

Aye. If you include the whole season, it has to be the one who left. Issues aside, no one can predict such a phenomenal improvement in just a summer.

Current players-wise it's probably Simpson although he still has much to improve. We already know Barton could do so it is more of him fulfilling his past talent more than anything.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Surely it's Williamson, came from nothing to become a regular in the team.

odd thing was not sure I remember many questioning his ability to step up (could be utterly wrong there)

A lot of us wanted him over Saylor during pre season, so yeah.

Simpson, we've all always known that Barton had great ability, its just this season everything has come right for him. Simpson on the other hand has gone from player we were questioning was good enough in the Championship to a solid Premier League RB.

Simpson, we've all always known that Barton had great ability, its just this season everything has come right for him. Simpson on the other hand has gone from player we were questioning was good enough in the Championship to a solid Premier League RB.

Agreed.

But he's still not that good ;)