Election 2011

Decky

Here's a question has anyone actually been engaged directly by a political party to try and get your vote?

Was thinking today that the state of democracy in this country is piss poor, i've had a couple of leaflets through my letter box from the greens, and one from labour and thats it. No ones knocked on my door or canvased me when I've voted. The parties should be out there fighting for our votes, the apathy amongst the voters seems to have extended to the parties as well.

Here's a question has anyone actually been engaged directly by a political party to try and get your vote?

Was thinking today that the state of democracy in this country is piss poor, i've had a couple of leaflets through my letter box from the greens, and one from labour and thats it. No ones knocked on my door or canvased me when I've voted. The parties should be out there fighting for our votes, the apathy amongst the voters seems to have extended to the parties as well.

Had 2 no leaflets and had all the council stuff but it was about a month ago.

Guest toonlass

One leaflet from Labour slagging off the conservatives and lib dems. Crap electioneering!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had a leaflet from the Cons, and then a letter from some local nut who's basically shit all over what the Cons are claiming, saying their figures are lies and they won't reply to him.  :lol:

Very much so over here. Thes a split in nationalist politics here with many people going against the likes of SDLP and especially Sinn Fein to follow new emerging parties like Eirigi and several independents. Because of that split the candidates have out in force going door to door nightly for 2 or 3 weeks now. The place is covered in posters etc too of course.