Review of the forum

Giselle

I thought it'd be a decent time to have an overall review of the forum. Who prefers the forum when it had the thread-moderation, split forums etc. etc.??

Things seem to have calmed down a bit and almost all of it is forgotten but looking at the stats, threads are down roughly 500-600/month in here, total posts are down roughly 10000/month and a few posters have left but new ones have joined as well. What do the newbies think of the forum now? What do the old-timers feel about it? The toontastic deserters? Do you feel like the forum can change for the better (cue jokes about the mods :D)? If yes, what changes? Just curious about the overall opinions of the posters on the forum after the major fiasco a couple of months back.

Guest Invicta_Toon

on a purely subjective basis, mod standards have plumetted

(i.e. recently I have been banned for abusing someone who called me a Nazi prock, had a valid poll deleted due to a Toontastic! regulars objection, and had another post wrongly merged)

I demand changes!!!!!!!111111111111  bluebiggrin.gif

Love this forum tbh. Knocks the spots off the other Newcastle fan sites and the rules are far more fairer than many other messageboards. Anyone ever been on Sundayleague? That's a massively popular forum, which i just got booted from, the rules were crazy. Basically, on this forum - don't insult people and don't do things that are illegal. If you look through the 'House of Banned', that's what the bannings are for.

Pretty fair imo.

on a purely subjective basis, mod standards have plumetted

(i.e. recently I have been banned for abusing someone who called me a Nazi prock, had a valid poll deleted due to a Toontastic! regulars objection, and had another post wrongly merged)

I demand changes!!!!!!!111111111111  bluebiggrin.gif

Oh no not one of those!  :roll:

In terms of layout and how the site is run I'd say this is easily the best forum about.

However the main site does not really interest me at all. I'd prefer it if it was in more of a format such as .com.

As for the decrease in posts from summer it could be just because a lot of people were off school or work. For instance in the summer holidays I'd pretty much spend half my day on the net and on here.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Love this forum tbh. Knocks the spots off the other Newcastle fan sites and the rules are far more fairer than many other messageboards. Anyone ever been on Sundayleague? That's a massively popular forum, which i just got booted from, the rules were crazy. Basically, on this forum - don't insult people and don't do things that are illegal. If you look through the 'House of Banned', that's what the bannings are for.

Pretty fair imo.

whadya do? whadya do? whadya do?

Pretty fair imo.

Well i got banned the first time because i said this, after we beat Sunderland last season:

"blah blah blah... Stadium of Light (replace 'L' with 'Sh')..."

So yeah, they banned me for that for two weeks. And when i used my other account to look around the forums, they gave me a ban on top of that so i was out for 5 weeks altogether. So that gaver me a reputation... and when i used seven laughing smilies in one post, they banned me for two weeks. Totally genuine.

From that point on i made the occasional snide dig at one or two mods, and as i got increasingly bored, i posted this about two weeks ago:

"I won't leave out of choice... i'll be here until my IP doesn't allow me too."

The mods just used their initiative.

It was like a school. Don't go there.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Pretty fair imo.

Well i got banned the first time because i said this, after we beat Sunderland last season:

So yeah, they banned me for that for two weeks. And when i used my other account to look around the forums, they gave me a ban on top of that so i was out for 5 weeks altogether. So that gaver me a reputation... and when i used seven laughing smilies in one post, they banned me for two weeks. Totally genuine.

From that point on i made the occasional snide dig at one or two mods, and as i got increasingly bored, i posted this about two weeks ago:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty fair imo.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BAN HIM!!! :D