Will we suffer from the "Second Season Syndrome"?

Guest Flatline

Definitely need to be wary of it, but providing we improve the strikeforce, i don't think it'll be an issue. If the word relegation is so much as uttered at any point next season past Christmas, the summer (and the Carroll sale) will have been a colossal failure.

I'm not sure. Usually teams suffer from second season syndrome as teams work them out.

However, from listening to Pardew we'll play a different sort of game next year with an emphasis on pace (Ben Arfa and pacy new signings playing a bit part) rather than the direct approach we've used.

Depends on the summer I guess.

Guest Howaythetoon

I really worry about next season, even if we do well in the transfer market. I just don't trust Pardew to take us forwards nor the owner and chairman not to make any more fuck-ups.

Regarding the actual question in err question. What we are that the likes of Blackpool aren't is that we are a Premier League club even if our side is a newly promoted one or was. That's what will prevent us suffering a second season syndrome. Blackpool are not a Premier League club for example. It took Bolton years to become one. We might have been relegated but that was a Premier League club down in the Championship.