Minging Metro

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

The Tyne & Wear Metro has been named as the dirtiest public transport in the UK. Scientists working with a disinfectant manufacturer compared transport systems in 6 different cities. They took swabs and grew cultures in laboratories.

Manchester came top with 213 bacteria per square cm. The Metro had 48,219 bacteria per square cm!

The seats had 140,000 more bacteria than the average.

Think I'll stand next time I'm on!

(Source: Look North lunchtime news)

Nee surprise. Seats probably haven't been washed since it opened. The sooner it gets upgraded the better although its pretty handy and Newcastle is a far, far better place for it.

Guest BooBoo

Manchester's victory is slightly hollow, given most of their metro trams are pretty much brand new. The older ones still running are fairly grim.

Nah I'm happy with Turnbull's proposition.

Maybe extend it to Chilly Road, but otherwise, that's fine. I'll have access to the coast from home, but still have access to town the other way round.

In truth, the Metro is an absolute treat for me compared to my normal mode of transport, the arriva spacker-shuttle.

I bathe in its relatively low levels of bacteria while conversing with the more eloquent tramps.

Nah I'm happy with Turnbull's proposition.

Maybe extend it to Chilly Road, but otherwise, that's fine. I'll have access to the coast from home, but still have access to town the other way round.

You would wouldn't you?

Lord Haw Haw.

Surprised at gthe bacteria levels like, always seems clean enough to me and like already said, Newcastle is all the better for the metro.

It would be a nightmare without it, but Nexus really need to step up their game in maintenance and cleaning. They just let it get so bad they've got to nuke a place and rebuild it, surely some actually TLC would be a better option.

Guest Stephen927

I appreciate being able to drive that little bit more on the rare occasion I have to use the metro.

Guest Stephen927

When it goes through places like Meadowell and terminates at places like Sunderland it always going to be fucking minging.