Patrick Van Aanholt

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

A Leicester City fan I work with tells me that Van Aanholt (who is on loan to City) is (has been) chatting with a certain Danny Simpson on twitter about coming to Newcastle.  Cant vouch for the veracity of this, or if true whether its on loan or permanent, but it could mean Enrique is on his way!

A Leicester City fan I work with tells me that Van Aanholt (who is on loan to City) is (has been) chatting with a certain Danny Simpson on twitter about coming to Newcastle.  Cant vouch for the veracity of this, or if true whether its on loan or permanent, but it could mean Enrique is on his way!

He said he'd see Simpson soon, or something like that.

I could see it happening. He's a talented lad but probably not strong enough to play for a side like Chelsea on a regular basis...unlike Enrique who could go right into any side in the world.

Guest Roger Kint

The full tweet says 'just got back to Leicester init....gonna chill yeh man was good 2 see ya yesterday... See u soon u never know haaha!'

Only other chats on there is about tatoos and telling Simpson we played well on Sunday.....

I wasn't particularly impressed with him during his spell here. I'd rather give Ferguson his chance.

I'd prefer Ferguson further up and if Enrique's going then we need another body anyway.  Wouldn't mind this as long as we end up with a decent wedge out of the deal, pretty much resigned to Jose being off.

The full tweet says 'just got back to Leicester init....gonna chill yeh man was good 2 see ya yesterday... See u soon u never know haaha!'

Should fit right in with Ranger

I wasn't particularly impressed with him during his spell here. I'd rather give Ferguson his chance.

I don't think either of them are strong enough physically for the demands of a full season at left back in the premier.

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

But he played him on the wing against Chelsea! I don't know what to believe!

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

I don't think he does, or at least I hope he doesn't as for me, he definitely isn't. Hopefully it's just Pards bigging him up for the role so he's competent when we play him there next season.

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

I don't think he does, or at least I hope he doesn't as for me, he definitely isn't. Hopefully it's just Pards bigging him up for the role so he's competent when we play him there next season.

What a pointless argument, it's far too early to know where his final position will be, based on what we've seen so far.