Will we be playing 4-3-3 next season?

Nepharite

Recent interview said he wanted an attacking mentality in the team. Worthy the geordie nation. So the formation suggested in a 4-3-3 is viable imo. Nzog and ben arfa do can finish. Barton can drift out wide to fill the gap of ben arfa and use the space left there. Tiote working his socks of in a sitting role, while nolan poses a threath in the air with a strong striker up top. This formation requires us atleast one top notch striker, would atleast spunk out 15 mill for that one. Rondon comes to mind, aswell as that Caicedo. Strong with hold up play and technique for a passing game. Best is good enough as backup imo.

we do have 2 wide men. But would like atleast 1 more. Aswell we do have shane ferguson and kaz as backup.

Gameiro

Dzsudzsak Ben Arfa Menez

Tiote Barton

Enrique                    Simpson

Coloccini Taylor

Harper

Sturridge if not Gameiro.

N'Zogbia if not Dzsudzsak.

Marvin Martin if not Menez.

M'Bengue if not Enrique.

Yes .. I dropped Nolan.

Gameiro

Dzsudzsak Ben Arfa Menez

Tiote Barton

Coloccini Taylor

Harper

M'Bengue if not Enrique.

Yes .. I dropped Nolan.

I hope that was a dream team or a wishful thinking team :o  :facepalm:

If not, serious disappointment awaits you man :(

Bothroyd

Puncheon Ben Arfa Larsson

Tiote Barton

Coloccini Taylor

Harper

M'Bengue if not Enrique.

Yes .. I dropped Nolan.

Better?

We'd rip sides apart.

Gameiro

Dzsudzsak Ben Arfa Menez

Tiote Barton

Coloccini Taylor

Harper

M'Bengue if not Enrique.

Yes .. I dropped Nolan.

It's a team of players I think we should be in for, I don't mind us being rejected and not getting them, but we should definitely be trying for players of that calibre.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sexy. As long as Alan Smith's nowhere near.

Why you always think about him after my post?

Why don't you take a WILD guess?

4-2-3-1 is the way to go, like.

Zoggy - BenArfa - Jonas will be positively wanktastic. Honestly, we have to sign him.

is that putting barton alongside tiote  or dropping him ?

Zoggy - BenArfa - Jonas will be positively wanktastic. Honestly, we have to sign him.

Dont think Jonas can play in that formation, to conventional a winger. Nolan/Ireland would be more appropriate in the centre with ben arfa and zoggy on the 'wings'.

Dont think Jonas can play in that formation, to conventional a winger. Nolan/Ireland would be more appropriate in the centre with ben arfa and zoggy on the 'wings'.

Quite the opposite, Jonas is much more of a grafter than the other two and so I'd say he'd compliment them perfectly.

Quite the opposite, Jonas is much more of a grafter than the other two and so I'd say he'd compliment them perfectly.

jonas is positionally poor though. thats why he wont move away from jose's side. he doesn't stretch the game at all.

I hope we're playing 4-3-3. Alot more attacking and hard to defend against, especially with the 2 behind the 1 in the front 3 continuously swapping. Tiote would be crucial in this system like, as would full backs. Which we need two very decent ones over the summer.

From the teams that Ive seen with that formation, the 3 attacking midfielders are all looking to get in the box in both a creative and finishing capacity. Jonas' value is in his orthodox wing play with the ball at the feet, he isnt particularly great off the ball. For me to play the position mentioned you have to as good off the ball as you are on it.

EDIT: Also, the beauty of that formation is that you have 2 'sitting' midfielder meaning that more advanced midfielders have more creative freedom.

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Love the 4-3-3 as sketched above but it depends on the front striker. Gameiro's a longshot - he's got Spain on the brain.

Love the 4-3-3 as sketched above but it depends on the front striker. Gameiro's a longshot - he's got Spain on the brain.

i honestly think sturridge could do it in an andy cole type way.

Alongside. That means dropping Nolan, but its a squad game now so he'll get plenty of action. Pardew is after a winger so thats admitting that either Jonas is leaving or Barton will be shifted inside.

Alongside. That means dropping Nolan, but its a squad game now so he'll get plenty of action. Pardew is after a winger so thats admitting that either Jonas is leaving or Barton will be shifted inside.

i'd be very wary putting barton in the middle and think that is where gosling will be in the longer term, nowt spectacular, does the basics well etc.

Bothroyd

Puncheon Ben Arfa Larsson

Tiote Barton

Coloccini Taylor

Harper

M'Bengue if not Enrique.

Yes .. I dropped Nolan.

Better?

We'd rip sides apart.

I never implied that's a team I would want to see but people seem to forget we have a club run under Ashley..

Aye, an ambitious club would enquire about Menez et al, something Newcastle under his stewardship are certainly not.. (However much I wish we were though)