Owen Hargreaves

Guest dazzanufc1892

His performance against Portugal in 2006, was without doubt one of the best individual performances from an England player over the last decade.

Not that there's much competition for that honour.

Jordan Henderson against France.

I was a big fan of his throughout his time at bayern, when people were doubting his inclusion in svens squads. Thought he was a cracking player.

That was years ago, wouldn't have the cunt gift wrapped now like.

His performance against Portugal in 2006, was without doubt one of the best individual performances from an England player over the last decade.

Not that there's much competition for that honour.

Jordan Henderson against France.

Who? Must have missed him.

Was going to mention exactly that. Was mind blowing and inspiring. Will always have a soft spot for him and really hope we get to see him play regularly again.

Too much of a risk at the moment, sadly.

• 1 month later...

Wish him all the success and hope he manages to find a decent club where he can prosper. If his fitness was only 50/50 I'd still take him at the Newcastle. Sadly I'm not sure he's even at that level.

I've always said that we must avoid injury-prone players like plague but getting Hargreaves (the ultimate king of crocks) might not be the worst gamble.. as long as the contract is heavily incentive-based. If he's fit, he'd be an improvement on Simpson at RB and good cover for Tiote.. 2 rabbits with one shot.. or is it two birds - one stone?

I know people will be like 'the lad's on £40,000 a week' or whatever, but it's a real shame a very talented footballer who clearly has a dedication to the game has been dealt such a poor hand in terms of injuries.

I know even if I was earning that much money, it wouldn't replace doing what I loved, and certainly wouldn't make me that happy.