International midfielder. Who is it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Who do we think it is?

I think the fact that pardew is quoted means it is not now a rumour but a concrete lead, therefore warranting it's own thread

If announced or a good source is quoted the thread can change to the players name

I'm going for marvin martin

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/22/newcastle-united-set-to-sign-international-midfielder-79310-28739478/

NEWCASTLE United are poised to add an international midfielder to their squad this week as they look to strike transfer gold early on this summer.

The Sunday Sun can reveal that after a five-hour transfer meeting chaired by Mike Ashley on Thursday, United are close to brokering their first deal of the close season – and are hopeful of signing a second player within a fortnight of the end of the campaign.

“I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line,” Pardew said.

“And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation.

“There are two or three others we’re monitoring and we know what the figures are to get them over the line.”

The club are desperate to keep the name under wraps in case it alerts potential rivals, but the international player is primarily a central midfielder and is based in Continental Europe. A fee has already been agreed.