escalating a case on ebay

womblemaster

Having a dispute about some bins i bought.  They cam in a damaged state, not from being dropped, but from exposure to damp conditions. They have fungus on the lenses.

The seller claims they are in good condition, but they are basically telling aload of bull. 

I need to escalate the case, for a refund, but there is no clear way of doing it. Typical that there is no easy way of doing it.....is only way to do this by contacting customer support?

anyone gone through the refund process?

If you click on the "contact us" link at the top of my ebay, it will give you a few options, click on the "item not as described" bit and follow the process.

Fairly easy to do, and make sure you keep a record of each email you have from the seller.

They normally ask you to try to settle it between each other, after that fails you can choose to esculate the case.

It's not perfect, but I've used it, both as a Buyer and as a Seller and had no problems.

after that fails you can choose to esculate the case.

seller replied after 9 days of me opening the case, and spouted bollocks about the bins being fine, and as descibed......they hadnt even wiped the mud off the bins, i reckon they have been flood damaged or something.

at what point does the escalate option come up, i cant see it anywhere, does ti spring up after so long?

thanks)

ps the selelr was from bridlington, ive had hassle from yorkshire sellers before.....not steoretypical is it :)

When you go back to the case. it will probably be showing as "awaiting response " when you go to respond you should also see an option to escalate to ebay. think they say 10 days after case was opened. so you should be ok.

Wouldnt bother with the number mate, they are more than frustrating on there. Ive tried a couple of times and they basically just go through a check sheet, after repeating back to you what you have said to them!!

Then they talk you through filling in the "contact us" section on the website!!

Anyway, get it escalated mate, give them all info as goods not as described. They will probably get you to send it back to the seller for a full refund, but at your expense for the postage, and make sure its sent recorded and tracked so you get full visibility of when its delivered and signed for etc.