Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

From NUFC.com

"Mehdi Abeid, is understood to have agreed a contract with Newcastle United following the completion of his recent trial at the club.

The 18 year-old was most recently on the books of Racing Club Lens in his native France, but has now been released and is therefore a free agent.

Abeid's arrival followed that of fellow midfielder, Yven Moyo who joined United last September from Sochaux, only to sustain an injury on his reserve team debut just before Christmas. He's been sidelined ever since and only recently returned to full training.

Moyo and Abeid have both played together for France at U18 level, but neither had made a club appearance at senior level to date."

---

A friend of mine who is a Lens supporter is quite disappointed that they have released this lad. Apparently he was highly rated amongst the fans over there and I was told it was actually the player who didn't want to sign a new contract, rather than the club not wanting to retain him.

He has featured as mainly as a CM for the U18s, apparently strong, fast, with good dribbling ability, first touch and a few tricks up his sleeve. Struggles in the air.

So there we have our midfielder then. Highly rated in his own country, played internationals, though it is only u18's, and plays in CM.

Douglas said it isn't him. Not that that means much.

Guest Haris Vuckic

''A friend of mine who is a Lens supporter''

i.e someone from a forum or twitter. :lol:

Guest Shaun

''A friend of mine who is a Lens supporter''

i.e someone from a forum or twitter. :lol:

My friend exchange partner from school ...

Got any friends to exchange for me? Mines a right cunt.