Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Hang on, I thought Colback was supposed to be good? When did he stop being a canny free transfer to being worse than Abeid? Or are people being ridiculous again?

When has he shown he's any better than abeid? He runs around a lot, and has zero assists or goals this season.

Forget goals and assists. He has zero influence on football matches in any way.

Colback is positionally one of the worst players I've seen. He just chases the ball. Proper playground stuff. He's rubbish

Could that not be because how the team is set up? I don't see any players in the team looking comfortably positionally and one misplaced pass and the opposition is running at our defence whereas we have to grind teams down (doesn't happen)

I think colback is a decent player and looking at performances one of our least problems with our biggest problems being a slow, positionally piss poor cb's (again pardew because they have such a high line for no pace), wingers that don't create, some players who don't care (sissoko) and strikers who look frustrated. The biggest problem is colback is trying to actually get on the ball but doesn't have the ability of cabaye so does a lot of simple stuff because he can't drive the team forward. Hardly worst player ever, just not world class

What are his strengths? He only needs to hold his position and he can't do it. He never intercepts play he does slide people but it's chasing balls out of position. That's just basics

1. Good engine,

2. English,

3. works hard,

4. Geordie,

5. Grafts,

6. Canny lad.

Looked a million times better when he came off against Swansea and Sammy who apparently on his last chance, offered more than jack colback has done in all of his games. I don't get it at all. These guys are supposed to be working at and have understanding of the highest level of professional football.

Nathan. retweeted

Oluwashina Okeleji ‏@oluwashina  15m15 minutes ago

#Algeria's Abeid is determined to make it with #NUFC: "I can be a solution this season and if I get a chance I'll do my best for everybody."

Nee Colback, like.

Good quote from a fella who is just yawning away at the bench. I'd start him next to Tiote and/or Anita or hell, Sissoko. Whole 11 needs be reworked as much as possible; they look clueless.

When the fuck is Siem back?

Nathan. retweeted

Oluwashina Okeleji ‏@oluwashina  15m15 minutes ago

#Algeria's Abeid is determined to make it with #NUFC: "I can be a solution this season and if I get a chance I'll do my best for everybody."

Nee Colback, like.

Good quote from a fella who is just yawning away at the bench. I'd start him next to Tiote and/or Anita or hell, Sissoko. Whole 11 needs be reworked as much as possible; they look clueless.

When the f*** is Siem back?

Xmas or after apparently.

• 3 weeks later...