Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

I'm seriously overjoyed by this; he worked his ass off to get into this squad. Always seemed to have the blocks stacked up against him and when called upon against City and Liverpool, he put in 2 (IMO) MOTM performances, against midfields with far better talent and movement about them. Proud man, very proud.

Have Algeria qualified for the ACoN?

Yes, but he has not been a part of the national team. Maybe he will after these performances, though.

He is in the pre-squad for the matches against Ethiopia and Mali later this month.

Early days of course, but he's looked quite a bit better than Tiote in these two games imo. Looks very switched on positionally, makes useful tackles and interceptions like a good ball winner should without taking silly risks, seems smart under pressure, and plays simple passes with hints of decent ability to spread the ball into space. Pretty much what you want in a good sitting midfielder.

Fully deserves a run of games in the first team now. Would be great if what we've seen is his actual playing level. Would be even better if Pardew doesn't fuck this up by going for his favorites.

He reads the game well, picks a pass well and is strong in the tackle. He has the attributes to be a top defensive midfielder. I fucking love the kid  :smitten:

I think he's only going to get better, getting games in the premier league will bring him on leaps and bounds. Been boss against two of the best sides in the league which augurs well for the future.

Great game today, bar a couple of dodgy minutes after HT. Always wanted this guy to come good

The first pass in to his was fucking asking for trouble in fairness.

Biggest positive from my POV even after he'd lost he didn't hide, kept dropping off and showing for it, using it quick and well.