Barcelona win Champions League Final 10/11

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time for a thread. I'll put it a poll when I'm back on the pc.

Right, so how do you think they line up? Barca are pretty straightforward, IMO. They've played the same team in all their big matches this season and they'll actually have all their players fit for this one.

How about Man Utd? Does Hernandez start? Does Giggs start? What about Nani? It's quite unbelievable that the best player in the premiership this year will most probably be on the bench in the CL final. I don't know what that means except that Man Utd have a crazy strong squad of players.

Saying that, I think their team is weaker than '09 and their style of play doesn't seem to have changed much from then, even with the change in formation. So because barca dominated them in '09, I don't see why this final would be different.

Man Utd will probably score a goal but I'll go with Barca 3-1.

In general I think that we are stronger than in 2009 and ManU weaker, but our team has looked very tired as the season progressed and ManU has bigger depth. Still think we can win this one, 2-1.

Regarding our starting XI, think Pep will spring a surprise or two, possibly play Mascherano as he's better at breaking counters than Busquets. Abidal's fitness isn't the best just yet so there's still doubt he'll start.

Would love Man u to win, bit sick of all the cheating, play acting and smarmy boss that barca have!

Still like Messi tho', seems to be the only honest player they have at the moment...

Guest neesy111

Would love Man u to win, bit sick of all the cheating, play acting and smarmy boss that barca have!

Still like Messi tho', seems to be the only honest player they have at the moment...

Clueless.

Clueless.

Aye, proper clueless for having an opinion like

er Why?

Think of the legions of youngsters all over the country just getting interested in football, telling their parents they want a ManU kit the day after the game on TV. This includes the North East too.

Horrific.

Howay Barcelona!!!!

er Why?

Think of the legions of youngsters all over the country just getting interested in football, telling their parents they want a ManU kit the day after the game on TV. This includes the North East too.

Horrific.

Howay Barcelona!!!!

Why is it any better if they want Barcelona kits?

Clueless.

Aye, proper clueless for having an opinion like

maybe neesy thinks messi isn't honest? ???

Congratulations on the win, VI :clap: Enjoy this night.

But seriously, yeh Barca have this won. Not that it'll be easy and Man U will make a game out of it this time, but it has to be Barca. This cements their role as the greatest side ever.

What does anyone think the 'home' advantage will be worth to Man Utd?

It might keep Vidic on the pitch if Messi or Villa runs at him and he's last man.

When Eto'o got past him from the corner of the box, it was 1-0 Barca and pretty much their game from then on.

OP, I think Hernandez is a nailed on starter in a 4-5-1 formation that sees Rooney moved out wide left, which will see Nani dropped. Our style of play is different from '09, especially in the way that the whole team isn't based around one player, i.e. Ronaldo.

Almost certain Giggs will start in centre midfield along with Carrick and Park. If Fletcher is fully fit then I've literally no clue who will be dropped for him but someone will and it will be the hardest decision Fergie has.

Valencia will start and the back four will be Evra, Vidic, Rio and Fabio/Rafael. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with O'Shea for experience at right back, but pretty sure he'd get raped for pace by every member of their side.

I think whoever wins it will win by a solitary goal. Unfortunately if we manage to frustrate Barcelona their plan B is to dive and surround the ref hoping to get a player sent off so Messi can then proceed to utilise the free space and destroy everyone. Some here might think that's hypocritical of me with the way Nani/Hernandez go over so easily, but there's no comparison. Barcelona are digusting when they go down that route.

Should be a good final mind.

OP, I think Hernandez is a nailed on starter in a 4-5-1 formation that sees Rooney moved out wide left, which will see Nani dropped. Our style of play is different from '09, especially in the way that the whole team isn't based around one player, i.e. Ronaldo.

Almost certain Giggs will start in centre midfield along with Carrick and Park. If Fletcher is fully fit then I've literally no clue who will be dropped for him but someone will and it will be the hardest decision Fergie has.

Valencia will start and the back four will be Evra, Vidic, Rio and Fabio/Rafael. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with O'Shea for experience at right back, but pretty sure he'd get raped for pace by every member of their side.

I think whoever wins it will win by a solitary goal. Unfortunately if we manage to frustrate Barcelona their plan B is to dive and surround the ref hoping to get a player sent off so Messi can then proceed to utilise the free space and destroy everyone. Some here might think that's hypocritical of me with the way Nani/Hernandez go over so easily, but there's no comparison. Barcelona are digusting when they go down that route.

Should be a good final mind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1490000/images/_1493932_andy_durso300.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51483000/jpg/_51483265_united.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/6/1225983665158/Manchester-United-manager-001.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/darren_fletcher_1519032c.jpg

Martin+Atkinson+Referee+Ryan+Giggs+Nemanja+Vidic.jpg

Inevitable. I didn't say we didn't do it. I said Barcelona are worse.

I agree, however back in the days of Keane nothing really compares to this kind of behaviour. Its a shame Barca must resort to this with all their talent, it's lazy especially since they don't have too.

Inevitable. I didn't say we didn't do it. I said Barcelona are worse.

I agree, however back in the days of Keane nothing really compares to this kind of behaviour. Its a shame Barca must resort to this with all their talent, it's lazy especially since they don't have too.

Keane was absolutely shocking, hold my hands up there. Back then you could get away with murder. Dirty bastard he was and only got away with it from our fans because he was our captain and best player. I don't hold him as high in regard as most of our fans do. He doesn't give a shit about the club now anyway.

van der Sar

O'Shea-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra

Valencia-Giggs-Carrick-Park-Rooney

Hernandez

I'll be very surprised if it's anything other than this.

I think that except a twin at right back. I don't think Fletcher will be fit enough to start.