See Im not the only one

Guest Obi

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=398397&t=398397&sid=70

If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgarace and a victory for mob rule. It will also prove yet again - if more proof were needed - that this club is unmanageable...

Because if a certain vocal section of supporters don't like you then you may as well not bother unpacking. Every opportunity they get these people will call for you to be sacked. That's irrespective of what problems you've faced or what good you've done for the club. If these people don't like you from the off then they won't give you a chance. And so it's proved with Souness.

Of course, these people will say, of course we've given him a chance, we've given him all of last season and the start of this. And look at all the money Souness has spent, they'll say, and we're no further forward. It's funny but these people call people who are optimistic 'blinkered' when it is in fact them who are the blinkered ones. They're blinkered because they refuse to acknowledge anything which contradicts what they're saying.

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gavehim a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yetnot Souness?

As for the money that Souness has had to spend, you'd think that this was some kind of panacea, a cure-all. Just because we've spent money on players doesn't protect us from them getting injured. You'd think surely to God that people would acknowledge this, that somethings do happen which the manager has no control over and can't be blamed for? I mean, the Titanic cost a lot of money to build but it didn't protect her from hitting an iceberg and sinking! But, no, the people who never gave Souness a chance have evn got an answer for this too! An answer which, surprise surprise, lays the blame at the feet of Graeme Souness! Oh well. they say, it must have been Souness's coaching and training methods that caused the injuries! So, Keiron Dyer, Michael Owen and Titus Bramble weren't picking up injuries before they were managed by Souness? And don't footballers in general pick up injuries anyway because it's a physically demanding sport? Oh well, they reply, if Souness hadn't sold so many players then we would've had cover for the injured players. What, you mean the sub standard trouble makers like JJ, Kluivert, Robert, Bellamy and Butt who either signed their own marching orders or who the crowd has been calling for to be sold for ages?

And this is how it goes with them. One more reason after another to try and make it appear that their wanting to get rid of Souness is based on justified and rational reasoning. Every time you think you've proved them wrong they just pop right up with another poor argument for you to disprove. Do you remember when some people were trying to convince us that Souness would only buy terrible players from the SPL like Dado Prso?! Andd when that was disproved by us buying Owen you thought we'd moved on a step but no. As soon as they got the opportunity to start rallying the troops against Souness again, they took it and we were back to square one!

I wouldn't blame Souness if he just decided to hand in his resignation to the Chairman and walk away from all this. Certain sections of the crowd will never give him a chance, they'll take every opportunity they can to get him sacked. Graeme Souness must have balls the size of watermelons to have given him the guts to take on this job in the first place let alone stick at it!

If you thought the match against Wigan was an embarresment to the club then you haven't seen anything yet. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

I like to think i'm the kind of supporter who would give people a chance, even if i didn't want them a manager. The truth is Souness simply isn't good enough, there is only so much that supporters can take. I honestly like the guy, his attitude and his will to do well for the club. Not to mention his transfer targets.

I hate to say it but he has to go!  bluesigh.gif

Purdy, read the thread title, try and think and then come to a conclusion.

Thinking beyond you aswell? Judging from your PM's I'd guess so, thats what happens when you give people a little bit of authority, traffic warden syndrome  duck.gif

If Souness loses his job before the end of season then it will be nothing short of a disgarace and a victory for mob rule. It will also prove yet again - if more proof were needed - that this club is unmanageable...

Because if a certain vocal section of supporters don't like you then you may as well not bother unpacking. Every opportunity they get these people will call for you to be sacked. That's irrespective of what problems you've faced or what good you've done for the club. If these people don't like you from the off then they won't give you a chance. And so it's proved with Souness.

Of course, these people will say, of course we've given him a chance, we've given him all of last season and the start of this. And look at all the money Souness has spent, they'll say, and we're no further forward. It's funny but these people call people who are optimistic 'blinkered' when it is in fact them who are the blinkered ones. They're blinkered because they refuse to acknowledge anything which contradicts what they're saying.

Souness has had part of last season and about a third of this season in charge of Newcastle. But Souness was getting booed within a few monthes of being appointed, how much of a chance did he get given then? And how about acknowledging all the problems Souness has faced last season and this which have hindered Newcastle's progress and his job? Giving somebody a chance is about more than just giving them some time to get settled before you throw them out. Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gavehim a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby a chance and yetnot Souness?

As for the money that Souness has had to spend, you'd think that this was some kind of panacea, a cure-all. Just because we've spent money on players doesn't protect us from them getting injured. You'd think surely to God that people would acknowledge this, that somethings do happen which the manager has no control over and can't be blamed for? I mean, the Titanic cost a lot of money to build but it didn't protect her from hitting an iceberg and sinking! But, no, the people who never gave Souness a chance have evn got an answer for this too! An answer which, surprise surprise, lays the blame at the feet of Graeme Souness! Oh well. they say, it must have been Souness's coaching and training methods that caused the injuries! So, Keiron Dyer, Michael Owen and Titus Bramble weren't picking up injuries before they were managed by Souness? And don't footballers in general pick up injuries anyway because it's a physically demanding sport? Oh well, they reply, if Souness hadn't sold so many players then we would've had cover for the injured players. What, you mean the sub standard trouble makers like JJ, Kluivert, Robert, Bellamy and Butt who either signed their own marching orders or who the crowd has been calling for to be sold for ages?

And this is how it goes with them. One more reason after another to try and make it appear that their wanting to get rid of Souness is based on justified and rational reasoning. Every time you think you've proved them wrong they just pop right up with another poor argument for you to disprove. Do you remember when some people were trying to convince us that Souness would only buy terrible players from the SPL like Dado Prso?! Andd when that was disproved by us buying Owen you thought we'd moved on a step but no. As soon as they got the opportunity to start rallying the troops against Souness again, they took it and we were back to square one!

I wouldn't blame Souness if he just decided to hand in his resignation to the Chairman and walk away from all this. Certain sections of the crowd will never give him a chance, they'll take every opportunity they can to get him sacked. Graeme Souness must have balls the size of watermelons to have given him the guts to take on this job in the first place let alone stick at it!

If you thought the match against Wigan was an embarresment to the club then you haven't seen anything yet. Because if Souness is sacked because of these selfish, bully boy individuals who never gave a decent man a chance then this will be a far greater embarrasment to the club than losing one measley league cup game.

coffee.gif

I thought the same as you up untill the Everton game (when i didn't think we could play any worse)! However last night we went way lower! He is now on borrowed time IMO unless he can pull things round pretty sharpish! Not only are we not getting the results but we are playing very poorly and don't deserve them alot of the time! A realistic position after our terrible start was 6th (which should be a UFEA spot) even FF has stated so, we can of course still make that but if we lose against villa at home or he doesn't do well up to xmas then we should look at replacing him with someone better if possible! He has to take the blame with the players for that performance last night!

Obi he cant (souness) be defended any more. If he stays as manager we will get relegated after spending 30+ million in the summer.

he's that useless he'll prob be having :spam1: on xmas day instead of turkey.

Thinking beyond you aswell? Judging from your PM's I'd guess so, thats what happens when you give people a little bit of authority, traffic warden syndrome duck.gif

I'd just rather not waste my time.

Actually thought you made decent enough points at the beginning.  The problem with you is you can't accept a different opinion.  We're either all stupid, blind or both in your eyes. 

Just like you're not alone, we're not alone either.

Thinking beyond you aswell? Judging from your PM's I'd guess so, thats what happens when you give people a little bit of authority, traffic warden syndrome duck.gif

Actually thought you made decent enough points at the beginning. The problem with you is you can't accept a different opinion. We're either all stupid, blind or both in your eyes.

I have a case though, you dont.

What does the thread title infer?

What does my second post infer?

I didnt bloody write it man!!

Actually thought you made decent enough points at the beginning. The problem with you is you can't accept a different opinion. We're either all stupid, blind or both in your eyes.

To be fair, you could have credited whoever wrote it.

Guest Cobh Ramblers

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

Guest Geordie Racer

Souness has been given a chance. The supporters weren't happy when he signed, but the majority have got behind him and given him their full support, as they do with every toon manager. We all wanted him to do well, even though we didn't feel he was the right man for the job.

Sadly, those of us who felt he was a poor choice have been proved right. We are a disorganised shower at the moment, and only one man can ultimately be to blame for that. Souness needs to go, and we need to get a proper coach in to replace him - someone who knows what the words 'tactics' and 'organisation' actually mean.

That, I have just realised.  :oops:

Damn me to hell.  People usually quote these things you see, especially if it's not their own work.

However, we have more than a case against Souness.  Granted, ideally he should get the season, but the season only looks like getting worse.  I certainly haven't had any reason to be optimistic since the season started. 

He brings nothing to the team, never did, but certainly nothing now.  He'll use last nights loss to get the players going for Villa, but that's about all he has going for him.  Unless you'd like to tell me what he can bring to the team.

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

What delightful, refreshing insight, I find it hard to disagree with your profound thoughts.

That, I have just realised. :oops:

Damn me to hell. People usually quote these things you see, especially if it's not their own work.

However, we have more than a case against Souness. Granted, ideally he should get the season, but the season only looks like getting worse. I certainly haven't had any reason to be optimistic since the season started.

He brings nothing to the team, never did, but certainly nothing now. He'll use last nights loss to get the players going for Villa, but that's about all he has going for him. Unless you'd like to tell me what he can bring to the team.

Better late than never, I told you I was crap with this whole quote thing didnt I?

You drink from an empty glass, I always drink from the furry goblet ; )

Guest elbee909

Bobby Robson finished his first two seasons in charge of United in the bottom half of the table but people gavehim a chance and he ended up taking us into the top four and Champions League football. Why give Bobby  chance and yetnot Souness?

Track record.  Also, everyone knew Robson was on a shoestring budget, at least initially.  He had his faults, Bobby - a blind spot for Wadsworth, the Solano run in - but I don't think anyone had the same doubts about what he was trying to achieve.  In contrast, I'm not sure what Souness' plans are other than spend a lot on players and then not get them playing together well when they're all fit, once in a blue moon.

We all knew we needed someone at least as good as Robson to take Newcastle on after his tenure, but it didn't happen.  It's unfortunate that Souness has borne the brunt of that disappointment but he must have known what act he had to follow up.  His initial overtures of it being the best squad he'd ever had didn't help him.  Robson was following up a stint of dogs-dinner management by Gullit; Souness is following up one of the brighter periods of recent times and making them seem a hell of a lot more successful than they were in comparison.

For me a lot comes down to Bobby being given the boot so suddenly without a plan B having been sorted out.  Bobby was supposedly sacked for an initial run of results that would have seen, in the words of D. Hall, Newcastle 'definitely relegated.  No question'.  They were barely any worse than what we've achieved so far this season.

Guest Cobh Ramblers

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

What delightful, refreshing insight, I find it hard to disagree with your profound thoughts.

If that post is your own 'profound thoughts' then you are a simpleton.

coffee.gif

Bullshit. Idiot

If that post is your own 'profound thoughts' then you are a simpleton.

Dear me, and people wonder why I question people's reading ability, its just a shame like most idiots Irony is lost on these people otherwise they could actually laugh.

Guest yardii_boy

coffee.gif

The words "worlds smallest violin" spring to mind.

Dear me, and people wonder why I question people's reading ability, its just a shame like most idiots Irony is lost on these people otherwise they could actually laugh.

Like people have said, you haven't made it very clear.  Could have left a source, or at least credit who wrote it.  You did neither, the confusion is only your fault.

Souness was not the popular choice.

Souness has received the bulk of fans support. Bolton away for example.

Most fans seemed to blame Freddie and backed Souness.

I think Souness is probably a perfectly nice fella,as stated.

However managers live and die by results, his results have been poor.

He has stated on many occasions to judge him this season with his players. We are and it is not good enough.

We dont need a witch hunt. We need the board to react appropriately to the situation.

No PLC in the country would stand by and blindly back the manager of a failing business.

We must have European football or the doom mongers will be proved right.

These are all facts. Souness has his supporters, and there are those that think a change now will be a mistake. Time will tell who are right. However unless we act soon the season is dead, Europe a lost cause.

Will Owen want to stay without European football?

Without Owen next season,without funds to purchase a top class striker and the required level of football to attract such a player we will be in real trouble.

Sentiment has no place in such decisions. We are a failing business, we must be turned around quickly.

Freddie must wield the axe and aim high, pay a fortune and get the RIGHT MAN.