Yohan Cabaye retires

I know it's really promising and he's obviously a cracking player but he hasn't actually signed yet. I'll not get too carried away until I see him in our shirt. 

Guest bimpy474

How is his surname pronounced then? I was originally thinking something like 'Cab-I', seeing as it looks like he might sign I need to know how to say it properly...

Cabaye the lads  :pow:

How is his surname pronounced then? I was originally thinking something like 'Cab-I', seeing as it looks like he might sign I need to know how to say it properly...

I reckon Cabey, but like French with an elongated 'eyyy' on the end.

Mimi will clarify I'm sure.

So, I go on to Twitter looking for some hot, juicy, fresh ITK on the Cabaye situation... what do I get?

N-O posters Frenching up their names with an extra 'y' at the end.

Sewellyy, indeed. Pfft.

I hope his "thing" is really bad jokes (like this one).

Taxi for Cabaye!

Guest Heneage

Was just chatting to a writer who covers French Football and he's described him as a 'steal' and gives Pardew/whomever secured the deal major credit for securing him.

What exactly is he supposed to have said though? Any confirmation on this?

"Newcastle!? Why fucking aye, man! Where'da get me fuckin ham an' pease pudding stottie?"

I was going to do that gag but was convinced I'd type something wrong and bottled it.

What exactly is he supposed to have said though? Any confirmation on this?

"Newcastle!? Why f***ing aye, man! Where'da get me fuckin ham an' pease pudding stottie?"

hahaha

Was just chatting to a writer who covers French Football and he's described him as a 'steal' and gives Pardew/whomever secured the deal major credit for securing him.

intellegence from our transfer team two years in a row.....something ain't right here........ :frantic:

Guest benarfaNUFC

Ben arfa is friend with menez cabaye zog...

Tiote is friend with gervinho

Alipgupter is friend with Abeid

Slowly but surely, Hatem Ben Arfa is about to return to Newcastle. After a healing that Newcastle has so cared for Ben Arfa everyone is now a fan of the Magpies.

In an interview with Sunday Sun, Simon Stainrod, an adviser to Hatem Ben Arfa, provides details on the return of Hatem Ben Arfa who is recovering from his broken leg. "He works very hard and the staff at Clairefontaine was very good. (...) Go back to Newcastle is a very important step for Hatem. The doctors were simply told to take it day by day. But I can speak on his behalf and say he is impatient to assist Newcastle in any way. "Newcastle, according to Councillor Ben Arfa, have had an exemplary behavior with the player.

Newcastle did not let Ben Arfa

So much so that even in France, everyone is impressed with the involvement of Newcastle. "The France team was at Clairefontaine and the players - all of which are important players in big clubs - were impressed with the attention that Newcastle is to Hatem. The president and the owner came to see and have caused (his permanent transfer) while he had a serious injury. It's something that we do not see in French clubs. This had a huge impact with the players in France. Nothing has been calculated. But this stuff has helped improve the reputation of Newcastle. "Those are the kinds of things that should not appease the interests of French players for the Premier League ...

Guest Recoba

Can't wait 10 days for this to.be made official.  Sign him up! 

Shirt number 5?  Assuming.Barton stays...