Yohan Cabaye retires

Absolutely fantastic today. Chuffed to bits to have him. What I love most is his professionalism - seems a top top player and a top top guy. Not afraid to get stuck in both on and off the pitch. Really hope he stays fit and kicks on.

What a difference from Nolan.

:lol:

I get the feeling people only learned about Ramadan because of Ba and Tiote. Let it go already!

Reminds me of Drogba's malaria debacle last season ...

Not in my case, knew of it before, obviously.

I don't care about that anyway. But Tiote's not playing well at the moment. Misplaced too many passes today once again.

Have to say he won me over today. He wasn't that convincing before but ran the show today. His shooting is on another level.

Could be a great CM pairing if Tiote could end his ramadan finally. He can't pick a pass at the moment.

Ramadan finished ages ago!

Fuck me, today he given more space, and he was just superb! His passing and shots are just unbelievable! What a signing. What makes it even funnier is that Lpool paid £19 mill for Henderson, and he's shit in comparison :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/17/leon-best-on-his-goal-at-aston-villa-72703-29442258/

Best has also poured praise on influential French midfielder Yohan Cabaye who put in a fine performance at Villa Park and almost netted the winner late on.

Best added: "Yohan is really enjoying being here.

"He is showing what a good player he is and we pushed him a bit further up today.

"If he'd have scored the winner late on it would have been deserved and capped off his performance."

Good skills Skirge. :lol:

Guest Rey Mysterio

Stand out player on the pitch for the 2nd time this season, such a dominant player.

The silk, the passing & the shooting are obvious for all to see but it's his engine that stood out for me today. He was the definition of a box to box player. Supported nearly every attack and got back to help break up their play with one occasion in particular standing out. I forget which Villa player it was but they broke down their left in the first half during our spell of real dominance. Whilst that lazy prick Simpson jogged back not giving a shit if they scored or not from him being out of position, Yohan sprinted back 80 yards, overtaking Simpson just past the half way line and ended up managing to deflect the Villa player's cross behind for a corner.

It's that side of his game that is really endearing him to me just as much as the stunning 20 yard strikes, he's got the drive and will to win. Future captain. 

Guest mimifrench

Are Newcastle getting much attention over there Mimi?

You mean in France ?

Yeah.

Yes, of course. For example, this week they showed your 2 games on tv (against QPR and Villa). Some French medias call NUFC the new Arsenal.

And with the return of Ben arfa, you'll have even more attention. All the frenchies (and talented players) you have attract the French football fans, which is normal.