Yohan Cabaye retires

Guest neesy111

Overall past 2 games I think he's been our worst player, just don't remember him doing anything apart from tackling last 2 games.

He needs a DM next to him if you want to play 2 in front of the back 4 with 1 in front.

Can't have Perch or Anita next to him the pivot, he has to do too much defensive work to cover for those two's incompetence in that role and thus him performing poorly.

If Pardew wishes to use 4-2-3-1 with Cabaye as part of the 2 in the future then either Tiote needs to be fit, push Sissoko back or if possible buy a DM in the summer.

Urgh, Tiote man. I can't think of any reason why I'd want him in the team these days - beyond the fact that (on his day) he's infinitely better than the alternatives. That day is so rare, though. How many times has he actually played well this season? Once off the top of my head?

Urgh, Tiote man. I can't think of any reason why I'd want him in the team these days - beyond the fact that (on his day) he's infinitely better than the alternatives. That day is so rare, though. How many times has he actually played well this season? Once off the top of my head?

Aye but in the role he is asked to  perform he's still shit tonnes better even on his off days.

Anita needs to be sitting in front of the back 4 with Cabaye or Sissoko in front to be effective, not in a pivot in front of the back chasing shit around.

So Tiote is really our only alternative if Pardew wishes to persist with the 4-2-3-1 we usually play.

He was decent just keeping things ticking over, a lot of people ignore the simple things he does because he makes it look easy.

He was placed deep in midfield couldnt really effect the game too much,  unless you want him to play 40 yard 50 yard long balls all night to cisse. You know how people are against those in here.

He switched the play a couple of times tonight.

One pass looked like it was going miles out for a throw in but it dropped near perfect on Simpsons chest.

Needs to sort out his naughty tackles though.Been happening far too often recently.

Still,    :love:

Been absolutely ineffectual the last 2 games, appears to be not good or disciplined enough to be a sitting midfielder for us against teams that are better than us. He doesn't sit and when he is going forward he is often slow in getting back, there was at least a couple of times yesterday when he was jogging back as Benfica midfielders sprinted past him to get in to advanced positions meaning the defence became overrun.

He needs to lose faux cowardly hardman act too as it's not going to be long before it costs us, probably against Sunderland knowing our luck.

Thought he was class today, passing is so good. Even when he's quiet he sprays the ball out well. That move where Cisse walked the ball into Schwarzer's arms, Cabaye's passing was brilliant!