Yohan Cabaye retires

Gutted to lose a quality player, but I was never attached to him in the same way as Ben Arfa or even Carroll. Not sure why, just never fell in love with him.

Know what you mean. Loved watching hiim when he was on it, one of the best we've had in midfield tbh - but never really felt he was our player. Mind you that's probably a comment on the game as it is now. 

He was unbelievably skilled on the ball and he could flick out passes that felt laser guided half the length of the pitch, as well as the neat through balls. Complete player, was just as good deep as higher up, the only things was lacking was pace and a tendancy to nasty tackles. He was absolute quality and we'll be lucky if we see his like again for a while, only ben arfa can take a game by the scruff of the neck now, and Cabaye was smarter and had more influence than he does, and Cabaye would do it week in week out. (not a crit of HBA by any means).

I wish we had a promising young player already coming through the ranks to take his place but noone is near ready. Instead we sell before we have anything lined up to replace, again and again and again, and while we do this we will always stutter and trip rather than sustain any success.

18 months ago, or whatever it was when we finished 5th and then signed nobody. Including, or not including his best mate, i think it's been inevitable since then Yohan would be leaving. He must have been thinking what the fuck is this clownshoes outfit i'm playing for?

Best wishes to him. :)

He's left to join a club that's aiming to win the Champion's League and will certainly be getting a huge pay rise to boot.  Sad to see him go but hardly surprised that he's gone to a club with more money and much more ambition that mid-table mediocrity.

He hasn't bitched & moaned about the club, he's got on with his game and he's been fantastic for us throughout his stay here, good luck to him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10605982/Yohan-Cabaye-claims-Newcastle-United-had-already-agreed-to-let-him-leave-in-January-transfer-window.html

Yohan Cabaye has claimed that Newcastle United agreed to let him leave in the transfer window before there were any bids for him, despite the club insisting that they did not want to sell him to Paris St-Germain.

Cabaye completed his £19 million move to PSG on Wednesday and suggested that Newcastle were happy to sell him, despite manager Alan Pardew stating that neither he nor Mike Ashley, the owner, wanted to lose him and director of football Joe Kinnear’s assurances last week that nobody would leave this month.

Why do we even bother with the lies?  :lol:

No axe to grind here. He wants to be successful and win things and can't blame him for wanting the move.

Deserves to be at am ambitious team and I hope he does well. 

Yep. However massive axes to grind with the club hierarchy as usual.

No axe to grind here. He wants to be successful and win things and can't blame him for wanting the move.

:thup:

Gutted to lose a quality player, but I was never attached to him in the same way as Ben Arfa or even Carroll. Not sure why, just never fell in love with him.

Know what you mean. Loved watching hiim when he was on it, one of the best we've had in midfield tbh - but never really felt he was our player. Mind you that's probably a comment on the game as it is now. 

Couple of total weirdos.

Very good player. Understand totally why he wanted to leave.

However, he'll always be the cunt who showed no respect to the club or the fans when he refused to play at Man City.

Nah.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10605982/Yohan-Cabaye-claims-Newcastle-United-had-already-agreed-to-let-him-leave-in-January-transfer-window.html

Yohan Cabaye has claimed that Newcastle United agreed to let him leave in the transfer window before there were any bids for him, despite the club insisting that they did not want to sell him to Paris St-Germain.

Cabaye completed his £19 million move to PSG on Wednesday and suggested that Newcastle were happy to sell him, despite manager Alan Pardew stating that neither he nor Mike Ashley, the owner, wanted to lose him and director of football Joe Kinnear’s assurances last week that nobody would leave this month.

Why do we even bother with the lies?  :lol:

Once again Pardew caught in the headlights as a mouthpiece for the cronies he's allies with. He's one of them, people. I feel not a shred of sympathy for this lying hack.

I hope he f***ing bombs and his career amounts to nowt. Me, bitter? You bet. He, Ashley, football, the lot can do one for me. All I care about is that badge.

Hope he gets crocked by Zouma or some other lunatic and misses his precious World Cup.

:thup:

Couple of total weirdos.

I am. Not at all sure about Ian tbh.

Have no interest in his career from this point.

Gave us some nice moments and always disappointing to lose a player of talent but we got a glimpse of his true mercenary side in the summer. Goodbye.

:lol: how's that? How is he in anyway a "mercenary"?

When he refused to play to force a move away?

Have no interest in his career from this point.

Gave us some nice moments and always disappointing to lose a player of talent but we got a glimpse of his true mercenary side in the summer. Goodbye.

:lol: how's that? How is he in anyway a "mercenary"?

When he refused to play to force a move away?

To a team who were in the CL and wanted to win trophies? its not always about the money.