Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I'm a bit gutted that he's leaving midseason because I feel that we can still achieve something this season. It does now make sense that Gosling is back at the club :lol:

He was always going to leave at some point. We can't offer him champions league, or the wages he'll get there. Can anyone really blame him or the club for accepting a bid in the region of 26m. I mean seriously?

I'd love him to stay, and I will be gutted, but unless we are playing in the CL he was never going to stay beyond the summer. I still personally think he will still be here at the end of this window, but leave in the summer. I hope anyway.

With the right investment this window I cant be the only person who thinks we could have at least made an attempt to get CL football for next season. We aren't cut too far adrift from that pack just yet. Obviously it would be highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. Ambition like that isn't part of this club anymore though.

He was always going to leave at some point. We can't offer him champions league, or the wages he'll get there. Can anyone really blame him or the club for accepting a bid in the region of 26m. I mean seriously?

I'd love him to stay, and I will be gutted, but unless we are playing in the CL he was never going to stay beyond the summer. I still personally think he will still be here at the end of this window, but leave in the summer. I hope anyway.

With the right investment this window I cant be the only person who thinks we could have at least made an attempt to get CL football for next season. We aren't cut too far adrift from that pack just yet. Obviously it would be highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. Ambition like that isn't part of this club anymore though.

There's still a long way to go to be a team that can be challenging to win it like PSG.

Agree with NUFC_Chris' post. At least he's taking a genuinely big step on his career and can expect to be a starter in one of the top clubs in Europe instead of going to Man United or Liverpool.

There's still a long way to go to be a team that can be challenging to win it like PSG.

Agree with NUFC_Chris' post. At least he's taking a genuine big step on his career and can expect to be a starter in one of the top clubs in Europe instead of going to Man United or Liverpool.

Aye I agree with that. Don't harbour any ill will towards him for making a move like this.

They have an owner who actually likes the club, but isn't rich enough to be able to turn down big offers. Curious if people here would want an owner with less money than Ashley but who has our interests at heart. I would.

Considering Ashley spends f*ck all it doesn't matter how rich he supposedly is so yes i would.

Have we calculated tax and currency conversion charges, what does that leave? The entire money spent on Cabella?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YD8Na5Mv4oY/USZJ0T5RKQI/AAAAAAAADnU/5U871_OaqRE/s1600/Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Cabaye appears to be the leader of our French foreign legion. If he goes that is sure to have a detrimental effect.

More worried that we've been fucking shite as soon as he hasn't played. His impact on the pitch is absolutely massive, we'll struggle for the rest of the season without him IMO.

Ashley has seen the competition. We're not going down and with our points aldready accrued we could well end up pushing for that 10th place that he so desires. Thus, we might as well cash in! Get in. #ambition.

Got a strange feeling that this won't happen until the summer. If he carries on his current form and has a good World Cup we could demand a lot more for him. Cabella deal seems more likely for the summer as well, don't see him ditching Montpellier in the mess they're currently in.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-vs-newcastle-review-3038635

In-demand Yohan Cabaye pledges his allegiance to Newcastle as his brace crushes West Ham

We know what he did last summer.

Back then, Yohan Cabaye threw his toys out of the pram after being denied the chance of a move from Newcastle to Arsenal.

Since then, however – just as Luis Suarez has done at ­Liverpool – Cabaye has turned the ­widespread condemnation he received at the time to gushing admiration.

Manchester United are now most likely to move in for him after a string of superb performances this season.

None more so than this tour de force capped by two goals to crush West Ham and keep Newcastle within range of the Champions League places.

“My mentality hasn’t changed.” said the 28-year-old Frenchman. “Even after what happened in the summer. I will do my best for the team every day.

“If the manager or the staff are happy with my performances, and the fans who are supporting me are happy, I am happy.” United will have missed a huge trick if they allow this January transfer window to close without at least testing the Newcastle water for Cabaye, who is better than anything the Reds have in their midfield at the moment.

To his credit, however, the midfielder is more focused on sneaking Toon into the top four while everyone is talking about the teams above them.

“I think its good for us.” he said, “We are in a good ­position, if we can stay just behind the top six, top seven.

“We can work without pressure for the moment and it’s good for us.

“Now we just have to focus on the next game. We will see what is going to happen for maybe the last four or five games, and where we are going to be.

“If we can fight for something, why not?”

Magpies fans were delirious on Saturday as Cabaye inspired a performance that put them a class above their struggling London rivals. On 16 minutes he received Yoan Gouffran’s pass on the edge of the box, strolled past Razvan Rat’s challenge and finished low past keeper Adrian.

There remains a search party in east London for Mo Diame who looked in this match like a fan handed the opportunity to play with his heroes – unable to get the ball but simply running around in order to say that he was there.

It was Diame’s lack of a ­challenge on Moussa Sissoko on 33 minutes that enabled the French midfielder to cross from the right, so the unmarked, unchallenged Loic Remy could bring the ball down and score. Easy. It always helps when the opponents don’t turn up, as the Hammers failed to in the first half.

Carlton Cole’s first-half ­injury-time effort – which went in off Toon defender Mike Williamson – handed the Hammers an undeserved ­lifeline after 45 minutes

of ­embarrassment.

Presumably blasted by Sam Allardyce’s hairdryer at half-time, West Ham were better in the second half. But they were made to rue missed sitters from Cole and substitute Andy Carroll.

It was fitting that the last word should go to Cabaye. His free-kick, curled up and over the West Ham wall in second-half injury time, was so good it should have been preceded by a drum roll.

After four defeats in a row, it was a case of ‘back on track’ for Newcastle.

After this shambles it was back to the drawing board for the Hammers.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-vs-newcastle-review-3038635#ixzz2qtCQgPWS

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Guest bimpy474

Debuchy on suicide watch.

He'll be the next one Pardew will do his best to flog.

Nah he's not worth enough. It'll be someone who's over £10m. I'll go for Krul.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-vs-newcastle-review-3038635

In-demand Yohan Cabaye pledges his allegiance to Newcastle as his brace crushes West Ham

Back then, Yohan Cabaye threw his toys out of the pram after being denied the chance of a move from Newcastle to Arsenal.

Since then, however – just as Luis Suarez has done at ­Liverpool – Cabaye has turned the ­widespread condemnation he received at the time to gushing admiration.

Manchester United are now most likely to move in for him after a string of superb performances this season.

None more so than this tour de force capped by two goals to crush West Ham and keep Newcastle within range of the Champions League places.

“My mentality hasn’t changed.” said the 28-year-old Frenchman. “Even after what happened in the summer. I will do my best for the team every day.

“If the manager or the staff are happy with my performances, and the fans who are supporting me are happy, I am happy.” United will have missed a huge trick if they allow this January transfer window to close without at least testing the Newcastle water for Cabaye, who is better than anything the Reds have in their midfield at the moment.

To his credit, however, the midfielder is more focused on sneaking Toon into the top four while everyone is talking about the teams above them.

“I think its good for us.” he said, “We are in a good ­position, if we can stay just behind the top six, top seven.

“Now we just have to focus on the next game. We will see what is going to happen for maybe the last four or five games, and where we are going to be.

Magpies fans were delirious on Saturday as Cabaye inspired a performance that put them a class above their struggling London rivals. On 16 minutes he received Yoan Gouffran’s pass on the edge of the box, strolled past Razvan Rat’s challenge and finished low past keeper Adrian.

There remains a search party in east London for Mo Diame who looked in this match like a fan handed the opportunity to play with his heroes – unable to get the ball but simply running around in order to say that he was there.

It was Diame’s lack of a ­challenge on Moussa Sissoko on 33 minutes that enabled the French midfielder to cross from the right, so the unmarked, unchallenged Loic Remy could bring the ball down and score. Easy. It always helps when the opponents don’t turn up, as the Hammers failed to in the first half.

Carlton Cole’s first-half ­injury-time effort – which went in off Toon defender Mike Williamson – handed the Hammers an undeserved ­lifeline after 45 minutes

of ­embarrassment.

Presumably blasted by Sam Allardyce’s hairdryer at half-time, West Ham were better in the second half. But they were made to rue missed sitters from Cole and substitute Andy Carroll.

It was fitting that the last word should go to Cabaye. His free-kick, curled up and over the West Ham wall in second-half injury time, was so good it should have been preceded by a drum roll.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-vs-newcastle-review-3038635#ixzz2qtCQgPWS

strange headline considering the cliche nature of the quotes

He's been world class this season IMO, keep that up and have a good world cup and he's easily worth £10m+.

Guest bimpy474

He's been world class this season IMO, keep that up and have a good world cup and he's easily worth £10m+.

Righto, lets sit back and see what happens :lol:

of ­embarrassment.

:anguish: