Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

That's nothing that, just wait till Ben Arfa leaves. Full on breakdown.

That'll be your heros fault. Not playing Hatem pushes that scenario closer.

I think it's come across like they have a good working relationship. Ben Arfa hasn't shown any desire to leave and has always fought his way back in the team and i expect him to do it again. For a player who was meant to be trouble, he hasn't shown an ounce of bother here under Pardew. Obviously Pardew will get no credit for that though.

That's not the point, we aren't seeing him play. The lad wants to play and will probably miss out on this years World Cup because of it. There's is no way he'll put with that for too much longer.

His behaviour and working relationship wont mean a thing if he leaves because Pardew wont play him, yet plays and puts on the worst player in the Premiership ahead of him time and time again.

I don't have any bad feelings towards him, though I don't have much love for him either. Not sure why, maybe because he hasn't always played to his potential. And partly the Arsenal thing.

I want to feel like this but i still love him :(

Like a girlfriend you picked up who wasn't all that great looking at the start, but then developed into an absolute beauty. She then realises she can now do better and cheats on you but you take them back because they are gorgeous, everything seems fine again yet out the blue they do the dirty on you again! When she finally decides to break it off for good, you can’t help but still want them back even though they've hurt you so much but you know they'll never come back...fuck i'm broken  :'(

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/mad-at-theinternet.gif

I don't have any bad feelings towards him, though I don't have much love for him either. Not sure why, maybe because he hasn't always played to his potential. And partly the Arsenal thing.

Like a girlfriend you picked up who wasn't all that great looking at the start, but then developed into an absolute beauty. She then realises she can now do better and cheats on you but you take them back because they are gorgeous, everything seems fine again yet out the blue they do the dirty on you again! When she finally decides to break it off for good, you can’t help but still want them back even though they've hurt you so much but you know they'll never come back...fuck i'm broken  :'(

No it isn't.  It's like a good player left a hole in our squad.  Jesus Christ, man.  That is one of the most terrifying things I have seen in awhile.  And I lived right next to Ansar al Sharia's militia compound in Benghazi.  I predict that Yohan is filing for a restraining order within the next couple of months.

Guest VanBarduck

Like a girlfriend you picked up who wasn't all that great looking at the start, but then developed into an absolute beauty. She then realises she can now do better and cheats on you but you take them back because they are gorgeous, everything seems fine again yet out the blue they do the dirty on you again! When she finally decides to break it off for good, you can’t help but still want them back even though they've hurt you so much but you know they'll never come back...f*** i'm broken  :'(

No it isn't.  It's like a good player left a hole in our squad.  Jesus Christ, man.  That is one of the most terrifying things I have seen in awhile.  And I lived right next to Ansar al Sharia's militia compound in Benghazi.  I predict that Yohan is filing for a restraining order within the next couple of months.

I'd be interested to know the story behind that, if it is not indiscreet?

Guest reefatoon

Think I might start being nice to Brett, he is starting to come across like an axe wielding lunatic. Absolutely terrifying stuff that.

No less pathetic than the s**** you just peddled.

you seem upset pet.

"f*** off for not playing for my favorite club, you c***." It's the attitude of a petulant child.

I think shedding tears over a footballer leaving is acting way more like a little bairn.  Cabaye is a class player, but the fact is he spat his dummy out earlier in the season and has been playing for a move ever since.  He doesn't want to be here, and if he doesn't want to play for the club then fuck him.  Couldn't care less about him as soon as he moves away. Time for someone else to shine.  Still wondering where the petulant child bit comes in like.

I think the club over the last few years have made me care less, and ultimately as you get older players just come and go.

Cabaye as great as he's been this year will ge replaced. Maybe nt with an individual as good but the team will move on and fairly quickly. Carroll replaced viduka, martins and Owen fairly easily, ba replaced Carroll and now remy ba. Difficult to say who's best of the last 3 because the team plays a different way each time and the point is either some1 will come and step up or we'll change our style.

In terms of cabaye what more can you do? The fans loved him, manager loved him and give him a free role in the team, he was the heartbeat of the team in the best league in the world and he's traded up for a team who sign him because he's French and seems canny. Yeh they're ambitious but hope he doesn't watch a great team from the sidelines like Ba did.

I think it's come across like they have a good working relationship. Ben Arfa hasn't shown any desire to leave and has always fought his way back in the team and i expect him to do it again. For a player who was meant to be trouble, he hasn't shown an ounce of bother here under Pardew. Obviously Pardew will get no credit for that though.

That's not the point, we aren't seeing him play. The lad wants to play and will probably miss out on this years World Cup because of it. There's is no way he'll put with that for too much longer.

His behaviour and working relationship wont mean a thing if he leaves because Pardew wont play him, yet plays and puts on the worst player in the Premiership ahead of him time and time again.

We say he's leaving to Liverpool every transfer window. Surely Ben Arfa can't be happy here, he'll walk into any side, he has ambition blah blah blah but yet this selling club seems to keep him each window. Ben Arfa will be back in the team at the right time and if i had it my way, he would never have been out of it but i'm still confident Pardew will bring him back in and wouldn't surprise me if he had an excellent second half of the season.

He effin better start to tonight, if he doesn’t, just scrap everything I’ve just said there, he’s gone  :lol:

Like a girlfriend you picked up who wasn't all that great looking at the start, but then developed into an absolute beauty. She then realises she can now do better and cheats on you but you take them back because they are gorgeous, everything seems fine again yet out the blue they do the dirty on you again! When she finally decides to break it off for good, you can’t help but still want them back even though they've hurt you so much but you know they'll never come back...f*** i'm broken  :'(

I'd be interested to know the story behind that, if it is not indiscreet?

Not much of a story.  We lived blocks away from them.  They were assholes just consolidating their power.  They only really started asserting themselves at the end of my stay, bombing empty lawyer's offices and the like.  They started appearing all over the place in around March of 2012.  I didn't worry about them much at the time, but on reflection, I was really lucky.

Guest bimpy474

We say he's leaving to Liverpool every transfer window. Surely Ben Arfa can't be happy here, he'll walk into any side, he has ambition blah blah blah but yet this selling club seems to keep him each window. Ben Arfa will be back in the team at the right time and if i had it my way, he would never have been out of it but i'm still confident Pardew will bring him back in and wouldn't surprise me if he had an excellent second half of the season.

He effin better start to tonight, if he doesn’t, just scrap everything I’ve just said there, he’s gone  :lol:

God i hope he does, because if we go and play Norwich without Cabaye and Gouffran and still not play Hatem i think i'll actually try to kill Pardew.

I think the club over the last few years have made me care less, and ultimately as you get older players just come and go.

Cabaye as great as he's been this year will ge replaced. Maybe nt with an individual as good but the team will move on and fairly quickly. Carroll replaced viduka, martins and Owen fairly easily, ba replaced Carroll and now remy ba. Difficult to say who's best of the last 3 because the team plays a different way each time and the point is either some1 will come and step up or we'll change our style.

In terms of cabaye what more can you do? The fans loved him, manager loved him and give him a free role in the team, he was the heartbeat of the team in the best league in the world and he's traded up for a team who sign him because he's French and seems canny. Yeh they're ambitious but hope he doesn't watch a great team from the sidelines like Ba did.

Good post.

I think for those of a certain vintage the Supermac departure was the one that hurt above all others. It was like the whole town was in shock and mourning rather than the mixture of outrage and "meh" you get nowadays.

While it's disappointing to lose someone who was at the top of his game, I have no great interest in what he does from now.

As you say it's happened so many times and it happens everywhere, the king is dead, long live.......

:lol: Fucking hell.

You can still love him as he's not playing for Man United.

:lol: Brett mate. Loved it. Also when Hatem goes yes it will be worse.

The most worrying thing about the sale imo, is not necessarily the loss of the player or the message it sends out of us being a small thinking club. It's the obvious impact it will have on how well we play. He was a real key to how Pardew set us up to play, clearly Pardew is not a man with a plan B, because without Cabs in the team, the team more often than not struggled. Pardew now has to think of a way to permanently play without him, not sure he has that ability to change unfortunately.

The more I think about this, the less it makes sense. Cabs left the best team in France for a new start in a bigger league. He leaves us going back to the best team in France, albeit a stronger version of it. Other than the finances of the deal, the only other thing he can possibly hope to win that he has no experience of winning is the CL.

I just keep thinking we had to wait 8 or 9 years to really see a quality centre midfield after Rob Lee left. I hope we don't have to go through a similar period of time to see Cabaye replaced. I'm not sure I can handle more years of the Parkers, Butts and Emres of this world. That's what hurts the most.