Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

5m euros?

Is he out of contract of contract next season? Seems a bit low.....

10m roughly for Zoggy and Cabaye? Would be nice :lol:

We'd never get N'Zogbia for £5m. He's owned by Ashley's arch nemesis.

Whilst I agree we'd not get Zoggy for £5m, football is a business rather than a superhero movie :laugh:

Might want to tell that to Ashley as he's been playing the Super Villain very well for the past few seasons.

This "team spirit" thing is great, and hopefully we can keep it together, but it's not going to carry us back into Europe.

We need to add quality or we'll not go anywhere. N'Zogbia is quality.

Agree about that. Just think it isn't right to get rid of Nolan and Barton while replacing them with the likes of Zog and Cabaye.

Don't place Cabaye in the same group as Zoggy, man. Zoggy is le Sulk, Cabaye is le Professional.

Ok then.

If we replaced Barton with Cabaye i'd be pissed, never seen the lad play like but I doubt we'd be front runners on a 25 year old, with a release fee of less than £5m, who is apparently a better footballer than Joey Barton. Replacing Nolan with N'Zogbia though? I'd have to think about it.

This "team spirit" thing is great, and hopefully we can keep it together, but it's not going to carry us back into Europe.

Agree about that. Just think it isn't right to get rid of Nolan and Barton while replacing them with the likes of Zog and Cabaye.

Don't place Cabaye in the same group as Zoggy, man. Zoggy is le Sulk, Cabaye is le Professional.

Ok then.

I'd not be scared of lowering team spirit with Cabaye, I'd be dead scared of it with Zoggy. They're not both sulky cunts just because they're French.

We should base every player we sign on the merit that the may or may not "give us a 4 goal comeback against Arsenal" like.

silly comment. 

we need players that has the commitment and drive to succeed, not the types that thinks simply because they are blessed with technical skills automatically means they can stand around and wait for the ball to come.

yes sure, a committed player also needs skills, but that is the next level we are trying to achieve, get those type of players , they are the ones that will improve our side. 

or we go back to the days of signing these big exotic names that are hype jobs, and once they get on the field they cant even be arsed to run because they are so far up their own backsides.

You're mental mate :lol:

Ok then.

I'd not be scared of lowering team spirit with Cabaye, I'd be dead scared of it with Zoggy. They're not both sulky c***s just because they're French.

And just because N'Zogbia is 'sulky' doesn't mean he'll lower team spirit. This is a team which has had Joey Barton in it for the last year ffs :lol:

Guest young master

they sound like different players,  Cabaye sounds promising, but he's more in a tiote type of role,  Barton is more versatile, he can push up from midfield and play wide when need be.

we need a another defensive midfielder anyway, regardless whether barton stays or go.   tiote will be suspended more or less next season and he will be injured somewhere down the line, and there's the african cup of nation,

all we got in place then is smith or raylor lol

dont get me wrong here, im all for players like cabaye,  but im not for zog types.

Guest Chubby Jason

We should base every player we sign on the merit that the may or may not "give us a 4 goal comeback against Arsenal" like.

silly comment. 

we need players that has the commitment and drive to succeed, not the types that thinks simply because they are blessed with technical skills automatically means they can stand around and wait for the ball to come.

yes sure, a committed player also needs skills, but that is the next level we are trying to achieve, get those type of players , they are the ones that will improve our side. 

or we go back to the days of signing these big exotic names that are hype jobs, and once they get on the field they cant even be arsed to run because they are so far up their own backsides.

Just a tip. Putting a :lol: after every post you make does not add any gravitas to what you're saying, nor does it discredit who you're arguing with, it just make you look like a condescending prick with nothing to add to the discussion.

Ok then.

I'd not be scared of lowering team spirit with Cabaye, I'd be dead scared of it with Zoggy. They're not both sulky c***s just because they're French.

And just because N'Zogbia is 'sulky' doesn't mean he'll lower team spirit. This is a team which has had Joey Barton in it for the last year ffs :lol:

Barton/Nolan out And Le Sulk in and we're talking a different dynamic. He's brilliant, mind, so I do want him in. Just if we face a struggle next year Zoggy might not be the best for morale if both Noland and Barton are gone. (Which they won't be, but still.) :lol:

they sound like different players,  Cabaye sounds promising, but he's more in a tiote type of role,  Barton is more versatile, he can push up from midfield and play wide when need be.

we need a another defensive midfielder anyway, regardless whether barton stays or go.   tiote will be suspended more or less next season and he will be injured somewhere down the line, and there's the african cup of nation,

But but... He grafts!

Where has all this Nolan talk come from btw? All I've seen is Twitter bullshit.

Well Barton's contract difficulties means an absolute non-story regarding Nolan is elevated to STRONG POSSIBILITY!

Guest young master

they sound like different players,  Cabaye sounds promising, but he's more in a tiote type of role,  Barton is more versatile, he can push up from midfield and play wide when need be.

we need a another defensive midfielder anyway, regardless whether barton stays or go.  tiote will be suspended more or less next season and he will be injured somewhere down the line, and there's the african cup of nation,

But but... He grafts!

he cant even move. 

silly comment.  

Just a tip. Putting a :lol: after every post you make does not add any gravitas to what you're saying, nor does it discredit who you're arguing with, it just make you look like a condescending prick with nothing to add to the discussion.

Sorry, i'll just trounce about threads expressing my boredom instead, that will be much more fun x :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Recoba

Cabaye, with Abeid his understudy.  Ben Arfa with Moyo his.  Possibly Gameiro and/or Gervinho.  Tiote in midfield.  Not renewing contracts for older players.  Giving the youth like Fergie, Vuckic, Ranger long term deals.  It's all very Wenger.

Guest young master

Barton may have been versatile once, but he certainly isn't now.

he is versatile in terms of where he can play.  i think he can be used as an emergency def midfielder, he can player wide and centre.   Yes he's not the fastest but he had shown this season he' willing to play there even though thats not his preferred role.

im only guessing what you mean is that the handful of game he had in the centre had not been too impressive?

Barton may have been versatile once, but he certainly isn't now.

he is versatile in terms of where he can play.  i think he can be used as an emergency def midfielder, he can player wide and centre.  Yes he's not the fastest but he had shown this season he' willing to play there even though thats not his preferred role.

im only guessing what you mean is that the handful of game she had in the centre had not been too impressive?

She?