Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I'd say it's probably down to the Champions League football and playing for a better, or more likely to be successful, team, to be honest. Sure the pay hike will come into at some point too. He doesn't necessarily have to hate all things Newcastle in order to prefer a move away.

Not all of it, just the management of the first team. He spoke when he joined about joining the club to be the most important part of a passing team that uses possesion well, I wonder how he feels that particular part of his career move has worked out?

Not very well, I'd imagine. Whether or not he'd be quite so damning of the manager/club for that, I really don't know. I'm certainly not going to pretend I do, just because I'm not keen on him.

Manager.

Don't you think a player who really wanted to play would have made it clear by being in the stadium, hanging about, refusing to leave, kicking up a fuss, etc?

Cabaye was out of there like a shot. Whether or not it was his decision, he didn't put up much of a fight to play.

Well we don't know if he was desperate to play, just like we don't know he refused.

That's my point exactly. It's disappointing on either score. If he was withdrawn by Ashley/JFK etc to keep him healthy, as a leader, you'd want him to fight for his right to play in the match he's prepared an entire summer for - and I'd suspect Pardew wouldn't fight him.  Obviously he didn't. And certainly no one can be shocked he's been bid for by Arsenal or anyone else, to use that as an excuse is a joke.

Not surprising, just disappointing. A disinterested Cabaye wouldn't have been any worse than anyone else out there.

Guest icemanblue

I'd say it's probably down to the Champions League football and playing for a better, or more likely to be successful, team, to be honest. Sure the pay hike will come into at some point too. He doesn't necessarily have to hate all things Newcastle in order to prefer a move away.

Not all of it, just the management of the first team. He spoke when he joined about joining the club to be the most important part of a passing team that uses possesion well, I wonder how he feels that particular part of his career move has worked out?

Not very well, I'd imagine. Whether or not he'd be quite so damning of the manager/club for that, I really don't know. I'm certainly not going to pretend I do, just because I'm not keen on him.

you don't see the difference do you?  between saying i hope cabaye comes out and slates pardew as the reason for wanting leave

vs

as i know that pardew is the main reason cabaye wanted to leave i hope he states it publicly when he leaves

Wey, I was responding to Venky's question there. But, aye, I do understand the difference. That's why I asked for the clarification on which you were saying.

you don't see the difference do you?  between saying i hope cabaye comes out and slates pardew as the reason for wanting leave

vs

as i know that pardew is the main reason cabaye wanted to leave i hope he states it publicly when he leaves

Wey, I was responding to Venky's question there. But, aye, I do understand the difference. That's why I asked for the clarification on which you were saying.

i responded to the wrong post (obviously) but at least now we're clear

EDIT: in fact you didn't, thinking back, you started on about assumptions when noone was making them

Did anyone see Partridges interview on SS before the game?

He looked on the verge of tears, angry as fuck, just what you`d imagine him to look like after a row.

I accept this is a big leap of faith but if Cabaye had played all precious it is quite feasible to imagine Partridge sending him packing "For the good of the squad".

No matter, the team / squad clearly wasn't up for the task in hand whatever did transpire.

If I was him I'd be sat at the Eurostar waiting to hear what bid gets accepted, full Arsenal and PSG kit in my bag, and maybe a Monaco kit too, just in case. The negatives at NUFC far outweigh any positives, and there's only so long you can expect players to put up with it.

my main hope is that when he moves he comes out and publicly slates pardew as the reason for leaving, it might wake a few f***ers up

That would be great.

Aye  :rolleyes:

never happens like i know

I fail to see how one of our best players leaving and slating the club/manager on his way out can be construed as "great", but that may just be me..

Nope, with you on this one. :lol:

I'm not with you. The only chance of these f***ers leaving is if people actually make a fuss, whether it be the fans, the players, the ex-players. Someone has to actually speak up and make people pay attention to just how disgracefully we're being ran as a club.

Aye, under normal circumstances I'd prefer him to keep his gob shut in public. Never really been a fan of airing grievances in public.

However, this boil needs to be lanced.

Don't see how it would be in any way helpful besides making us a laughing stock even more than we already are.

Yes we'd be more of a laughing stock, yes it would damage the club and it's ability to persuade players to come in etc. etc... But to be fair, it would validate mrmojorisin75's opinion on Pardew being the reason for Cabaye going. :aww:

We'd need a new first choice CM if Cabaye goes, like. That'll cost a fair bit. Marveux won't stay fit for a season to take on that and Anita and Sissoko aren't the right players. Tiote doesn't get a mention. s***, I just did. If we get 15m for Cabaye, how much is a solid, straight in, hit the ground running replacement going to cost? 10m?

Then we still need a winger and a Striker. A lot of work in 2 weeks for the plebs we have in charge. Unless Carr and Charnley say to Ashley, "aye, we'll fly out with Joe, keep him company, keep him off the lager", then tie him up in the baggage area.

If Sissoko can't play that role then what position has he been brought here to play?

CM. But he isn't a passing/ball playing CM what so ever. Is he? He should be the muscle and drive. Someone else should be the ball winner/interceptor and someone else should be the clever, passing, creator.

Did anyone see Partridges interview on SS before the game?

He looked on the verge of tears, angry as fuck, just what you`d imagine him to look like after a row.

I accept this is a big leap of faith but if Cabaye had played all precious it is quite feasible to imagine Partridge sending him packing "For the good of the squad".

No matter, the team / squad clearly wasn't up for the task in hand whatever did transpire.

its not hard to imagine his agent after having told him about the Arsenal offer (and how much of a payrise he'd get) that he'd be less than pleased over it being rejected and may have verbally said as much

vs

Howay man, let's not do this. Don't make me start calling you something 'humorous' as well :lol:

£18-20m is what we will sell for according to ssns.

I'm not sure he'll be going if that is the case.

I could perhaps see PSG paying it but not Arsenal. It wouldn't surprise me if Cabaye stays, sulks, plays worse than last year and leaves next year for £8mil.

I could perhaps see PSG paying it but not Arsenal. It wouldn't surprise me if Cabaye stays, sulks, plays worse than last year and leaves next year for £8mil.

Apparently this mindset is exactly what you want in a relegation battle.

Loving this unprofessional dialogue we've got going with SSN.

Wonder if SSN are charging mediation fees for communicating our valuation of the player to the interested purchaser(s)...

If he's sold, i hope he goes to PSG and becomes a huge success there.

Also i would like a statement on our website saying, "Cabaye sold to PSG, and not Arsenal. Because fuck you Wenger. "

Apparently this mindset is exactly what you want in a relegation battle.

:lol: