Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Do we know that he even traveled to Manchester?  As the news from North London yesterday was the bid came in on Friday.

The journos on Monday night seemed pretty convinced he'd travelled aye.

If he wants to leave, he should put a transfer request in.

and lose his 'loyalty' bonus? Why would he want to do that when it's pretty clear the club are willing to sell.

I'm a bit confused over the loyalty bonus.  I always thought that players were entitled to bonuses for each year they complete and that is what they did not want to lose.  But I heard a discussion with ex-players on the radio recently where they said the club had to pay up the entire contract which seems totally wrong to me as surely that would mean the player was getting paid twice.

Cabaye is going to easily double his wages with this move so I don't see why he can't put in a transfer request although Ashley does have history here (Carroll and Given) in managing to get players to do that.

Guest neesy111

Do we know that he even traveled to Manchester?  As the news from North London yesterday was the bid came in on Friday.

The journos on Monday night seemed pretty convinced he'd travelled aye.

Fair enough.  Got to wonder if we would had played if the transfer had been leaked or not?  They could had easily used he injury card to say why he wasn't playing.

Don't people see?

Cabaye wants to leave yes but the club also wants to cash in.

It will be typical nufc a mutual transfer but the fans blame the player.

At the end of the day cabaye came under the promise of regular European football, in that time the club has continued to show a lack of ambition.

Put yourself in his shoes would you want to stay around?

Of course the club want to cash in.

That's been clear all summer. I suspect AP was looking pissed off before kick off as he'd probably been told he couldn't play Cabaye in case he got injured and risked the sale.

When actual fans get fed up with football, just from watching it, does anyone blame players for leaving this shit-house now? I'd be off if I had no affiliation to the club, like. Especially if there was a raise in wages, european football and a top class manager in the end of it.

If only we'd shown some ambition last summer, bought in a few players and maybe tried to go for the europa league. 

Of course the club want to cash in.

That's been clear all summer. I suspect AP was looking p*ssed off before kick off as he'd probably been told he couldn't play Cabaye in case he got injured and risked the sale.

:thup:

Wouldn't surprise me if Pardew and Cabaye had nothing to do with the decision to pull him out of the squad. Probably came from above.

Would be a real shame to see him go. A midfield consisting of Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Ben Arfa is on paper, one of the best in the league.

Would be a real shame to see him go. A midfield consisting of Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Ben Arfa is on paper, one of the best in the league.

Put on a tin hat. The estimations of all have fallen immeasurably in the eyes of the board as Pardew's reign as progressed.

All of them at their best, yes. But with Pardew that's easily a mid-table midfield.

Guest chopey

I agree but against Man City, Tiote was terrible at everything, Sissoko was invisable, Ben Arfa ran out of puff and Cabaye had a sharp pain in his wallet and had to go home, these problems wont be sorted until Pardew is back down the A1 with his siutcase full of money

I agree but against Man City, Tiote was terrible at everything, Sissoko was invisable, Ben Arfa ran out of puff and Cabaye had a sharp pain in his wallet and had to go home, these problems wont be sorted until Pardew is back down the A1 with his siutcase full of money

Sissoko was probably the player that did most running for us, and I'd say touched the ball second most after Ben Arfa tbf.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6m

Newcastle would only be able to spend small percentage of Cabaye transfer fee if the player was sold?: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/arsenal-bid-for-cabaye-and-enquire-about-kondogbia-and-pogba-say-sky-sports/ … #NUFC #AFC

Expand

The Times are suggesting that if Cabaye is sold in the transfer market, Alan Pardew will only get a much smaller percentage of that fee to spend in the transfer market as Newcastle still need to cover their loses as they overspent in Janaury.

Ridiculous if true.

We couldn't make it more obvious we are happy to sell him. Pulling him from the squad the second an offer came in tells it's own story despite all the rumours that he wants to be away. I'll bet Everton won't be leaving out Baines and Felliani at the weekend.

I've given up even trying to work out what this lot is doing, utter car crash of an operation. Pissing about, cocking up transfer windows, annoying the fans and falling behind most teams in the prem is the norm for us now. What an utter waste of time.