Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I've given up even trying to work out what this lot is doing, utter car crash of an operation. Pissing about, cocking up transfer windows, annoying the fans and falling behind most teams in the prem is the norm for us now. What an utter waste of time.

It's pretty clear at this point what's happening. I didn't want to admit it for a long time, but the goal is quite clearly to maintain PL status with spending as little as possible. The only hope is this eventually leads to Ashley selling the club.

I don't really get fed up from watching the football, in fact the actual match is usually a blessed relief from talking about it for a week.

:lol:

There's been times when we've kicked off, completed three or four passes successfully and I've thought "this isn't actually that bad".

I've given up even trying to work out what this lot is doing, utter car crash of an operation. Pissing about, cocking up transfer windows, annoying the fans and falling behind most teams in the prem is the norm for us now. What an utter waste of time.

It's pretty clear at this point what's happening. I didn't want to admit it for a long time, but the goal is quite clearly to maintain PL status with spending as little as possible. The only hope is this eventually leads to Ashley selling the club.

Unless he sells the club in the next 9months because after that we will lose our PL status

I don't think he'll go in the end because the valuation we have seems miles away from the valuation of Arsenal and PSG. I think we are looking for closer to 30 mill and they are talking in the 10 - 15 mill area, that's just too much ground to make up. That'll leave pardew and cabaye with a difficult situation to manage, where you've obviously got an unhappy player who wants out but is stuck here for at least half of the season.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6m

Newcastle would only be able to spend small percentage of Cabaye transfer fee if the player was sold?: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/arsenal-bid-for-cabaye-and-enquire-about-kondogbia-and-pogba-say-sky-sports/ … #NUFC #AFC

Expand

The Times are suggesting that if Cabaye is sold in the transfer market, Alan Pardew will only get a much smaller percentage of that fee to spend in the transfer market as Newcastle still need to cover their loses as they overspent in Janaury.

Ridiculous if true.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/disappointed.gif

You didn't spend that much in January to begin with? What was the total net spend? Around 15 million?

More like £20m. Still, we need to spend now before anything may or may not come from Cabaye.

/Oh, and minus Ba money too.

You didn't spend that much in January to begin with? What was the total net spend? Around 15 million?

Well, most figures have been undisclosed, but I would be surprised if it was much more than 10 million including the (minus) 7 million for Ba.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6m

Newcastle would only be able to spend small percentage of Cabaye transfer fee if the player was sold?: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/arsenal-bid-for-cabaye-and-enquire-about-kondogbia-and-pogba-say-sky-sports/ … #NUFC #AFC

Expand

The Times are suggesting that if Cabaye is sold in the transfer market, Alan Pardew will only get a much smaller percentage of that fee to spend in the transfer market as Newcastle still need to cover their loses as they overspent in Janaury.

Ridiculous if true.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a2d5d59636fcb27b36823becded874f3/tumblr_mrkfj1Izou1r0kitdo3_250.gif

Sorry like but whoever wrote that article has no information to back up their claim whatsoever.

Whilst that's true our nett spend over Ashley's reign is negative by around 4.5 million per season, so it's not a huge leap of faith to assume whatever we fetch will not be completely reinvested in the squad. I for one would be gobsmacked if it was.

Mike Ashleys silence throughout his tenure,  has been an indication of how much he isnt interested about what the fans think. I'd liken it to a criminal in the dock replying to every question "no comment".

I'm no financier but I'm sure all this, not spending, is ultimately down to his intention of selling up at some point. Theres certainly no love for our club from him.

Sorry like but whoever wrote that article has no information to back up their claim whatsoever.

Whilst that's true our nett spend over Ashley's reign is negative by around 4.5 million per season, so it's not a huge leap of faith to assume whatever we fetch will not be completely reinvested in the squad. I for one would be gobsmacked if it was.

You're right. But the writer states it as if he's had some kind of insight or a morsel of ITK info. If so, he should back it up or shut the fuck up.

You're right. But the writer states it as if he's had some kind of insight or a morsel of ITK info. If so, he should back it up or shut the f*** up.

The writer states that the Times are reporting it. I haven't read the Times, so I don't know if this is true, but if so, that would represent a fairly reliable source I would have said.

You're right. But the writer states it as if he's had some kind of insight or a morsel of ITK info. If so, he should back it up or shut the f*** up.

The writer states that the Times are reporting it. I haven't read the Times, so I don't know if this is true, but if so, that would represent a fairly reliable source I would have said.

Ah cheers. Missed that bit :thup:

If it's from the Times it's probably from Caulkin. And if it's from Caulkin it's probably true.

Yeah but is it speculation on his part based on MA's spending history? Has a decision been taken by the powers that be in advance that the money will not be spent entirely, and someone's leaked this info to Caulkin? I reckon it's the former.

If it's from the Times it's probably from Caulkin. And if it's from Caulkin it's probably true.

Yeah but is it speculation on his part based on MA's spending history? Has a decision been taken by the powers that be in advance that the money will not be spent entirely, and someone's leaked this info to Caulkin? I reckon it's the former.

Someone should ask him on that Tweeter thingy..