Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

No expectation at all that we'd spend the entire amount, you'd be mad to expect it.

Expect? No certainly not.

Fat Mike has succeeded in lowering my expectations so much I don't.

I'd love to know where the money does go though.

No expectation at all that we'd spend the entire amount, you'd be mad to expect it.

Doesn't take much to find out. £1 iirc.

I've seen the accounts but that's not the point I'm making.

My question was meant to be more along the lines of why don't we have anything to spend this summer?

We'll never know of course, If the club came out and said we aren't buying anyone this summer season ticket sales would plummet.

My question was meant to be more along the lines of why don't we have anything to spend this summer?

We'll never know of course, If the club came out and said we aren't buying anyone this summer season ticket sales would plummet.

Eh? Surely the accounts will give a fair indication whether we actually had decent wedge to spend this summer when they come out?

If not, then they'll show the money must have instead gone to pay off debt, wages, or something else. It doesn't just disappear.

Guest icemanblue

To be fair, anything 'trousered' by Ashley has as good as disappeared. Not be many volunteers about willing to try finding it.

This doesn't really work any more, like, I know.

Eh? Surely the accounts will give a fair indication whether we actually had decent wedge to spend this summer when they come out?

If not, then they'll show the money must have instead gone to pay off debt, wages, or something else. It doesn't just disappear.

"The debt" is is owed to Ashley.

The Loans are payable on demand but whilst Ashley owns the club it makes no sense for him to "repay" these loans as in order to do so He'd have to take a loan out against the club which would bear interest.

If Ashley intends to repay the debt and neglect the team I'm sure we'd all prefer to be told because by not saying he's basically obtaining money by deception.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 14m

Arsenal will submit another offer for Cabaye by the end of the day, we are looking at €17m including bonuses. #AFC #PSG #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 18m

The Independent: Several Newcastle representatives have today flown to Paris to complete Yohan Cabaye's move to PSG this week they say. #PSG

The Loans are payable on demand but whilst Ashley owns the club it makes no sense for him to "repay" these loans as in order to do so He'd have to take a loan out against the club which would bear interest.

If Ashley intends to repay the debt and neglect the team I'm sure we'd all prefer to be told because by not saying he's basically obtaining money by deception.

He's not like. It's his company, he owns it (sole shareholder). He would only be deceiving himself.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 14m

Arsenal will submit another offer for Cabaye by the end of the day, we are looking at €17m including bonuses. #AFC #PSG #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 18m

The Independent: Several Newcastle representatives have today flown to Paris to complete Yohan Cabaye's move to PSG this week they say. #PSG

This would be the perfect scenario for me (bar him staying).

Arsenal keep submitting bids. We've already sold him overseas for silly money.

He's not like. It's his company, he owns it (sole shareholder). He would only be deceiving himself.

He's taking money from the fans too.

Your sentiment is bang on but the harsh reality is the fan's are spending their money on his business. That's their prerogative. Any money coming into NUFC belongs to Ashley alone by virtue of his shareholding.

I'm not questioning the legality of what he's doing, but from a ethical and moral point of view it's reprehensible.

Your sentiment is bang on but the harsh reality is the fan's are spending their money on his business. That's their prerogative. Any money coming into NUFC belongs to Ashley alone by virtue of his shareholding.

I'm not questioning the legality of what he's doing, but from a ethical and moral point of view it's reprehensible.

Debatable. Firstly the amount that income from gate receipts would drop if he said "I plan on taking debt repayments for the next 10 years" is probably quite small. Also, he paid of debt that was in danger of becoming very damaging to the club.

I'm not saying that debt repayments should override any other spending obviously, the balance has to be right.

Guest Phil K

Arsenal fans probably sound a lot like us, at the minute. Probably a bit more 'urban', but, y'know.

Usual fans - some are seriously embarrassed at Wengers insulting valuation of Cabaye, and his timing, some are desperate for any quality. None so far, unlike Man U fans or Liverpool fans - seem to think they are ENTITLED to get any player they want.

The baffling thing is though - would he bring such appalling personnel for management as the likes of Pardew and Kinnear for running Sports Direct ? Like hell he would. So why does he get "low" wage low talent people here ?

Debatable. Firstly the amount that income from gate receipts would drop if he said "I plan on taking debt repayments for the next 10 years" is probably quite small. Also, he paid of debt that was in danger of becoming very damaging to the club.

I'm not saying that debt repayments should override any other spending obviously, the balance has to be right.

And as i said By Ashley not coming out and saying He's no intentions of spending or stating the budget is this amount is he deceiving the fans. I'd call him an accessory but he's clearly the instigator.

Paying off club debt at a similar rate to that which we'd only be servicing the interest on them if they were from banks is reprehensible? Really?

I'd fucking love for the cash to be splashed on signings. As a supporter, the team we end up with is the most important thing, but as long as we have a decent side at the end of the window, him clearing some of the debt doesn't seem that ethically reprehensible or morally bankrupt in the scheme of things to me.

Paying off club debt at a similar rate to that which we'd only be servicing the interest on them if they were from banks is reprehensible? Really?

I'd f***ing love for the cash to be splashed on signings. As a supporter, the team we end up with is the most important thing, but as long as we have a decent side at the end of the window, him clearing some of the debt doesn't seem that ethically reprehensible or morally bankrupt in the scheme of things.

You're twisting my words sir.

If his intention is to pay off the debt and neglect the squad in process I feel that he should inform the fans and not pull the wool over our eyes by having his cronies say we are going to buy 3 strikers etc.

Arsenal fans probably sound a lot like us, at the minute. Probably a bit more 'urban', but, y'know.

rather be in there position tbh ,at least there manager knows what he is doing football wise