Cheap stuff as good as brand names / stuff it's worth shelling out on

BlueStar

Morrison's Beefy Drink has more beef in it than Bovril. Bic disposable razors are better than the two blade fancy pants Wilkinson Sword disposables (can't compare to 8 blade SUPERMACH HYDRO PRO POWER FORM because I'm not paying 9 quid for a pack of fucking blades)

Don't bother buying cheap Hoovers. Been through three in four years, were either shit in the first place or started just moving dirt around after a few months. Would have saved hundreds by just buying a Dyson in the first place. Same with tin openers, dunno if I use them differently to everyone else but anything under a fiver will do me about a multipack of beans before I have to nibble around the edge closing and opening it cos I've wrecked the mechanism.

Suggestions?

Morrison's Beefy Drink has more beef in it than Bovril. Bic disposable razors are better than the two blade fancy pants Wilkinson Sword disposables (can't compare to 8 blade SUPERMACH HYDRO PRO POWER FORM because I'm not paying 9 quid for a pack of fucking blades)

Don't bother buying cheap Hoovers. Been through three in four years, were either shit in the first place or started just moving dirt around after a few months. Would have saved hundreds by just buying a Dyson in the first place. Same with tin openers, dunno if I use them differently to everyone else but anything under a fiver will do me about a multipack of beans before I have to nibble around the edge closing and opening it cos I've wrecked the mechanism.

Suggestions?

you cnut- im such a tight arse i was reading that when rooney scored!

Guest Stephen927

Sainsburys basics peanut butter is lush. Much better than Sunpat or the other brands.

Guest toonlass

Tesco's Daisy Washing up liquid is as good as Fairy and their liquid washing stuff is as good as Bold, Daz or Persil. I also just buy the basic tinned tomatoes, kidney beans and sweetcorn, not going to pay 5 times the price for branded stuff like that. Cereal and porridge is just the basic stuff too.

Only buy Muller Light Youghurts though, nowt comes close to them (my mam gets others and I've tried them).

Always get the cheapest Smart Price tins of tuna. The price of John West is fucking outrageous and I've never noticed the difference for what I use it for. Ditto any curry sauces or pasta sauce.

Wouldn't buy anything but Heinz beans or ketchup.

Always get the cheapest Smart Price tins of tuna. The price of John West is fucking outrageous and I've never noticed the difference for what I use it for. Ditto any curry sauces or pasta sauce.

Pretty much this. Is it the Rajan curry sauces that are a quid for a jar? Pretty good tbh. Making a curry sauce from scratch is lovely but for a quid a jar, not going to complain.

Edit: Pakat? I think I might be making up words now.

Morrisons' version of Nutri-Grains are just as good and loads cheaper.

I'll remember that one!

Sainsburys own brand tea is a winner

The blackcurrant ones are a bit crap but strawberry defo.

Pretty much this. Is it the Rajan curry sauces that are a quid for a jar? Pretty good tbh. Making a curry sauce from scratch is lovely but for a quid a jar, not going to complain.

Pataks innit bro

Cheapo curry sauces are awful IMO.

Cereal and porridge is just the basic stuff too.

This is one of the few things I'm a brand snob on. Hate cheap cereals, you find shitty pieces that are unedible and it generally just tastes more like cardboard.

Pataks innit bro

Cheapo curry sauces are awful IMO.

Should say I mean Asda/Morrisons own Rogan Josh/Madras/Jalfrezi type stuff rather than any generic curry sauce.

Tescos 4% lager is alright, its as nice as carling etc and a decent bit cheaper at about "2.59 for 4 cans.

Lidls jack daniels rip off bourbon is good too and ita only about a tenner a bottle.

The cheap soup brand tescos sell (cant remember its name) are nice, much nicer than own brand stuff.

Tescos 4% lager is alright, its as nice as carling etc and a decent bit cheaper at about "2.59 for 4 cans.

The cheap soup brand tescos sell (cant remember its name) are nice, much nicer than own brand stuff.

Sorry, I've got no change on me.

Aye apart from the ones with meat in, put me right the fuck off when I found a couple of fucking veins in it  :'(

Sainsbury basics range in general is fantastic. cheap as chips and generally quality goods, far better(and often cheaper) than asda smart price stuff.

got to have Heinz ketchup