And the award for the most ridiculously pointless article of the year goes to...

Dave

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/249505/Mike-Ashley-in-Toon-walk-out

MIKE ASHLEY IN TOON WALK OUT

Sunday May 29,2011

By Sunday Express Reporter

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley stormed away from St James’s Park minutes after the final whistle last Sunday, angered by the Toon’s three-goal giveaway.

Ashley had no intention of waiting around for the last-day festivities after West Brom came back to draw 3-3.

The loss of two points cost them £2.25million in prize money and, most hurtful for Ashley, local bragging rights because Sunderland leapfrogged them in the final table.

That enraged Ashley, but he has still promised to bankroll new signings to help Newcastle beat the Black Cats next season.

:slowclap:

Sunday May 29,2011

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley stormed away from St James’s Park minutes after the final whistle last Sunday, angered by the Toon’s three-goal giveaway.

Ashley had no intention of waiting around for the last-day festivities after West Brom came back to draw 3-3.

The loss of two points cost them £2.25million in prize money and, most hurtful for Ashley, local bragging rights because Sunderland leapfrogged them in the final table.

That enraged Ashley, but he has still promised to bankroll new signings to help Newcastle beat the Black Cats next season.

:clap2:

Aye, right.

Sunday May 29,2011

:facepalm:

Guest bimpy474

Sunday May 29,2011

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley stormed waddled away from St James’s Park minutes after the final whistle last Sunday, angered by the Toon’s three-goal giveaway.

:facepalm:

And the first comment below:

I have just read this article and can say immediately that it is a piece of fabricated, made up rubbish! I was at the game last week and, although no big fan of Mike Ashley, I can categorically state that myself, my wife and my kids all commented on the fact that we saw Mike Ashley sit after the match had ended and waited for the lap of appreciation from the players. I remember thinking that he mustn't be happy sitting waiting for them to come back out but he did wait and stayed.

I doubt that my comment will stay on this page for long but the author of this rubbish has simply made it up to try and cause trouble. What a waste of time. Absolutely pathetic.

Guest guinness_fiend

Disgraceful.  Princess Di wouldn't have done such a disrespectful thing.

She certainly wouldn't have made it through the tunnel, that's for sure.

Guest johnson293

Sunday May 29,2011

:slowclap:

Was quite a few minutes too, as he was definitely standing at the front of the directors box alongside Decka when the players were on the walkaround.