Twitter nonsense

Thespence

16 minutes ago, madras said:

The dismantling was down to age (Beardsley), recurring injuries (Howey), long-term injury (Shearer), Want away (Ginola). IIRC Albert was picking up regular injuries as well. Didn't Asprilla spend a long time.e.out also ?

Robson who sold Howey, IIRC. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

That said, if he was selling players due to their age (Beardsley), then why replace him/them with Rush, Barnes and Pearce? 

Genuine question, I was about 7 at the time

We didn't have a reserve team towards the end of KK's time here so I got the sense that those signings were to add a bit of depth and experience to the squad. Players who had experience winning things, which most/all of our squad didn't. After Dalgleish got us up to second it felt like this was supposed to be getting us ready for another title challenge. That and probably a bit of giving a few of his pals a final pay day.

I don't think any of them were supposed to play as much as they did, mind. Pearce was steady, Barnes ended up our top scorer and Rush was abysmal.

33 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

That said, if he was selling players due to their age (Beardsley), then why replace him/them with Rush, Barnes and Pearce? 

Genuine question, I was about 7 at the time

Rush was brought in to play centre forward in response to Shearer and Asprilla injuries.

Barnes and Pearce owe us nowt. It won't just age it was that Beardsleys legs were going. He only played half of Boltons games and wasn't great.

30 minutes ago, Thiago said:

He can't claim to be assisting the legal case anymore but he still wants that relevancy. Twat.

:thup: If there's anyone still hanging off that drip's word then I'm concerned for their mental wellbeing.

My dentist told me Wraith was meeting Kate Stewart at Newcastle Airport and saw it all unfold.

Flight was cancelled, Maxi was 4 pints deep in the Woolsington Arms and refused to leave for the coach as he was waiting for his fry up coming. Threw a chair at Graeme Jones too.

On 22/02/2022 at 05:03, Thiago said:

It wasn't Tomasson's fault, but I think the notion he 'proved us wrong' is a bit misleading.

After us he went back to Holland, scored goals just as he had prior to joining us, and then used that form to move to Milan on a fee transfer. He only really had one good season there in front of goal there and that coincided with a league title. If you look at the totality of his career he never proved himself to be anything more than a 1 in 3 man at best in a top European league. There's nothing wrong with that, but he wasn't quite as pedigreed as some would believe.

A one in three man would have been a godsend considering some of the dross we put up with after he left

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Someone with a bit of influence (who definitely should not have, the fucking moron) stirring it up when the club is doing canny. Some fan. 

An attention seeking cunt is what he is.  The whole lot of them are completely self-serving.  It’s why they discredit everything that doesn’t have their grubby mits on it.  Whether it be organised protests, WorFlags or SP/AO.  Just because they’re not part of it, them and their little band of lickspittles despise it and don’t deem it worthy.