"Real radio" priced out of live commentary next season.

Scoreboard82

Sunday Sun say Real radio not covering Newcastle/Sunderland games live next season, due to NUFC doubling cost of radio rights to 60 grand. Mackems are prepared to continue charging £30000 as they did last season, but Real say they don't want to cover one without the other for fear of bias accusations.

This leaves us with the drab Radio Newcastle commentary, a poor substitute for Justin Lockwoods enthusiastic goal celebrations IMO. I'll never forget his reaction to Tiotes leveller v Arsenal, or how he relayed his joy at the Mackem drubbing. In fact i'd love it if "Real" could produce a compilation CD of his goal commentaries.

What about blind people who enjoy the commentary so much? They can't just go to the pub to watch on a dodgy channel.

It's another example of the greed of our club. It would serve the club right if "Real" continued with SAFC games and lost fans in the process as a result of people being brought up listening to S'land games.

Not happy at all.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't have the figures to hand but Real Radio make a mint out of broadcasting our games via radio, far more than what it costs them to even at the now double cost. The club have every right to charge 60K which is fucking nowt really.

Guest toonlass

That biased thing is a load of shite. They didn't worry about bias when they dropped Middlesbrough commentary.

I don't have the figures to hand but Real Radio make a mint out of broadcasting our games via radio, far more than what it costs them to even at the now double cost. The club have every right to charge 60K which is fucking nowt really.

Exactly. I would much rather people subscribed to .co.uk and the money went into the club as well.

Exactly. I would much rather people subscribed to .co.uk and the money went into the club as well.

At £29.99 per year I can't see many going for it.

I don't "get" the Giggs thing like.

Apparently one time Giggs scored a late goal in a game and then ten minutes later someone came along and posted 'Giggs has scored' in the thread for the other games.

Now apparently if you post anything that someone has posted before then it's hilarious to post the Giggs face.

In fact, someone has probably already explained this before somewhere on the forum... so this post itself is a "Giggs".

So if someone posts a Giggs face after this post, it'll be unbelievably funny.

Apparently one time Giggs scored a late goal in a game and then ten minutes later someone came along and posted 'Giggs has scored' in the thread for the other games.

Now apparently if you post anything that someone has posted before then it's hilarious to post the Giggs face.

In fact, someone has probably already explained this before somewhere on the forum... so this post itself is a "Giggs".

:dowie:

:dowie:

Mate, that's unbelievable funny  :mackems:

Really? :lol:

I thought it was because Giggs "always" scores irritating late winners for Man Utd, so when someone was late when reporting something spectacular they "did a Giggs".

:blush:

I just assumed the "scoring" being referred to had something to do with recent tabloid accusations. But then I didn't really think or care enough about it to look into it at all because however you look at it it's not really funny at all.

Do people actually find the Giggs thing funny btw?

Going to be HILARIOUS if some witty cunt Giggs' this post by the way.

It's very tedious.

On topic, it's pretty shitty of NUFC to do this.

I don't have the figures to hand but Real Radio make a mint out of broadcasting our games via radio, far more than what it costs them to even at the now double cost. The club have every right to charge 60K which is f***ing nowt really.

:thup: I can imagine 60k is nowt compared to what they'll be making. In fact, I thought it was a low figure when I first read this. Imagined it'd be alot more than that.

And it's amusing to suggest the club are doing this for the money. This increase wouldn't even cover half of one of the highest earner's wages for a week man :lol:

I don't have the figures to hand but Real Radio make a mint out of broadcasting our games via radio, far more than what it costs them to even at the now double cost. The club have every right to charge 60K which is f***ing nowt really.

:thup: I can imagine 60k is nowt compared to what they'll be making. In fact, I thought it was a low figure when I first read this. Imagined it'd be alot more than that.

And it's amusing to suggest the club are doing this for the money. This increase wouldn't even cover half of one of the highest earner's wages for a week man :lol:

What they doing it for then, just to be knobheads?