CONCACAF Gold Cup

ponsaelius

Anyway, don't really care for the U.S. team. Looks like we have about two wide players, but it there's five or six guys it'll be really interesting to see. Really just a shame there's no U20 World Cup this year

36 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Pretty strong Canadian roster. Reasonably happy with that.

Yeah they’re playing to win. Mexico bringing an experienced squad as well.

52 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Anyway, don't really care for the U.S. team. Looks like we have about two wide players, but it there's five or six guys it'll be really interesting to see. Really just a shame there's no U20 World Cup this year

Hopefully a few of these B-team guys impress enough to push themselves into WC consideration.

Other than the fact we would ruin his potential and don't really need him, I'd take a punt on Tajon Buchanan. Looks the real deal on either wing. Will surely be heading to Europe soon. 

Sundays tie US vs Canada should be fun. Not least with neither wanting Mexico in the quarters. 

Edited by toontownman

27 minutes ago, toontownman said:

29 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Ref just blowing for half at 44:20 :lol: concacaf is fucked up

Consistently the worst referring I have seen at international level. That's concacaf. 

Always what is going to hold CONCACAF back. 

1 hour ago, Ameritoon said:

Ref just blowing for half at 44:20 :lol: concacaf is fucked up

:lol:

Never noticed that, have never seen that before.

Had it on in background behind me, just turned around when I heard Rivereeere. That's what I had it on for and he delivered, after waiting almost a whole season for to fluke one in at NUFC.

Can’t tell if Qatar are actually half-decent or if CONCACAF is just that shit that any middling team can walk in and win a group that includes Panama and Honduras, two of the stronger teams in the region.

A few of their players seem canny.

Qatar are basically Brazil's D side arent they? 

Jamaica will be a tough challenge especially if the states play the same way they did against Canada. 

Jamaica had a good start and have been downhill but they have some strong dangerous players. 

Canada vs Costa rica will be a good test for both probably a step too far for Canada with all the injuries. 

Mexico will stroll to the cup as usual.

Unfortunatley, yet again Concacaf leads the way with the worst officiating in FIFA. Even the VAR is. Doesn't matter how good the teams might get with picking up repats (it is definitely improving), it will always be hamstrung and a joke with the standard of officiating. It has to change.