CONCACAF Gold Cup

ponsaelius

Started today. I know the yanks have an interest in this, and if the Asian Cup gets a thread then so does this.

Costa Rica smashing Cuba 4-0 atm. Cuba look like they do have some talent but the lack of professionalism is killing them, especially in defence.

I was looking at the the teams earlier on I noticed Ricardo Fuller was not playing & thought he must be getting a rest than I looked at his international record: 53 games/6 goals which is shit compared to former Sheffield Utd flop Luton Shelton 55 games/30 goals. Whats that all about.

I know Trinidad and Tobago are not in this years Gold cup but on a similar tip as above Cornell Glen record is 59 games/23 goals, while Kenwyne Jones record is 46 games/4 goals. What is all that about.

I was looking at the the teams earlier on I noticed Ricardo Fuller was not playing & thought he must be getting a rest than I looked at his international record: 53 games/6 goals which is shit compared to former Sheffield Utd flop Luton Shelton 55 games/30 goals. Whats that all about.

I know Trinidad and Tobago are not in this years Gold cup but on a similar tip as above Cornell Glen record is 59 games/23 goals, while Kenwyne Jones record is 46 games/4 goals. What is all that about.

Aye, weird. Lack of motivation or maybe just coincidence.

I noticed that there a number of English based players who haven't bothered turning up for this.

Just watched that. Also read that Cuban footballers often seek asylum after these tournaments. Canny.

Every time they've come to America in the last few years most of the team has defected.

Forgot it even started today, FSC only showing the US games. Anyway, I'll be there on Tuesday, Gold Cup are the only professional/international games I've ever been too.

Just watched that. Also read that Cuban footballers often seek asylum after these tournaments. Canny.

It's usually the younger teams.  They show up as a group of 30 and 20 of them defect.  Good times.

It's usually the younger teams.  They show up as a group of 30 and 20 of them defect.  Good times.

That's class  :lol:

Remember during the WC there was that rumour that half the NK squad had defected.

Guest Heneage

Another player not at the tournament... Anybody remember Olivier Occean from when we played Lillestrom in the Intertoto?

The huge Canadian striker? He was their deadly trio in the matchday mag. Him Misfud and a silky haired Robert Koren, them was the days.

It's usually the younger teams.  They show up as a group of 30 and 20 of them defect.  Good times.

Soccer players defect, and you just know the baseball scouts are asking them to try a fastball.

I'm just watching on Bet365. Think some of it is on Eurosport though.

Aye, just a couple of games though by the looks of it. I'm just watching through bet365 too.