London

Anyone know of any decent, cheap hotels for the end of this month? Kensington way.

Define "cheap".

No more than 60/70 quid for the night. Cheaper if poss and not a total shithole. Its just the one night, I'll more than likely be drunk, I'm not paying £100 for a bed. I'd go for a Hostel,  but she won't be having that.

Have you tried TripAdvisor or LateRooms?

Anyone know of any decent, cheap hotels for the end of this month? Kensington way.

Define "cheap".

No more than 60/70 quid for the night. Cheaper if poss and not a total shithole. Its just the one night, I'll more than likely be drunk, I'm not paying £100 for a bed. I'd go for a Hostel,  but she won't be having that.

Aye, briefly, I'll do it tonight. I just couldn't be arsed to be honest. Thought maybe Dave would end up finding a good one.

Define "cheap".

Aye, briefly, I'll do it tonight. I just couldn't be arsed to be honest. Thought maybe Dave would end up finding a good one.

At that price, in Kensington, and at this short notice, I'd be surprised mate. But best of luck. You never know...

Taro in Soho is an awesome cheap Japanese place. Very friendly and does those bento box things where you get a little bit of a load of dishes... very good.

There's two but I've only been to the Brewer St one:

http://www.tarorestaurants.co.uk/

Went there, wasn't massively impressed :undecided: heard there's a place in the O2 (not central, I know) where you pay £25 a head and they offer you plate after plate of different types of exotic meat (ostrich, shark, giraffe, etc.). Seems worth a visit.

Interesting, I've been loads of times and always liked it. Not that I have very gourmet tastes! It's closer to £10 a head than £25 like, in its defence.

I've been to the O2 a few times but never seen this place, what is it called?

I would recomend trying a Malaysian restaurant called Melati for good food at a good price. Bit confusing as there is two of them independent of each other, one in Soho and one on Great Windmill Street. I've been to the one on Great Windmill Street and really enjoyed the food: http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3114.htm

This place is a bit more pricier but it's fantastic: http://momoresto.com/restaurant/london/momo/restaurant/

If you want to go a little outside of the centre then you can't go wrong by taking a trip to Brick Lane for a good curry!

You guys talking about Rodizio Rico? There are a few around london.  Not sure they do all the things you mentioned but it is a bloody good feast! www.rodiziorico.com

Depends what you want GM. Zucca is fucking excellent italian near London Bridge, might struggle for a table on Sat though. If you sit down before 6.30pm (I know..) you can get 2 michelin star food at L'Atelier de Joel Robouchon - £27 for a 3 course set meal (poss not on a weekend). Gaucho's is a chain but does great steak, agree with the brazilian Rodizio / Preto recommendation too, look one up if you don't know the concept, great food and great fun. Let us know where you pick and how it is.

Define "cheap".

At that price, in Kensington, and at this short notice, I'd be surprised mate. But best of luck. You never know...

Place me and the missus stayed at recently was fine: http://www.trebovirhotel.com. Earl's Court, so locationally decent for Kensington.

Well, cheers again fellas! :thup:

Got the hotel booked, nice little number near Tower Hill...and also got tickets for the theatre, a comedy show and the Duck Tour (fuck it, why not...) so all that's left is sorting out a nice place for a bit of wedding anniversary dinner... Roast for the Sunday is looking tempting. Got more than enough to be going on with for now, I reckon...unless anyone knows any good little riverside pubs that do a great Sunday lunch by the Thames?

Thanks again people. :thup:

There are some nice looking places in St. Katherine's Docks for lunch, nice little area and v. close to where you're staying. The menu at the riverside cafe (fairly sure that's what it's called) looks good from memory, perhaps not a Sunday roast job though. Enjoy your weekend.

Lot of decent places recommended so far - there are so many great restaurants in London, it's hard to pick a few, but I'll give it a go.

Pollen Street Social (off Regent's Street - great food and pretty reasonable)

Brawn (great restaurant near Shoreditch)

One O One (very good fish restaurant in Knightsbridge - quite pricey though)

Got the hotel booked, nice little number near Tower Hill...and also got tickets for the theatre, a comedy show and the Duck Tour (fuck it, why not...) so all that's left is sorting out a nice place for a bit of wedding anniversary dinner... Roast for the Sunday is looking tempting. Got more than enough to be going on with for now, I reckon...unless anyone knows any good little riverside pubs that do a great Sunday lunch by the Thames?

The Founder's Arms at the back of the Tate Modern has one of the best views, bit of a tourist trap though.

Got the hotel booked, nice little number near Tower Hill...and also got tickets for the theatre, a comedy show and the Duck Tour (f*** it, why not...) so all that's left is sorting out a nice place for a bit of wedding anniversary dinner... Roast for the Sunday is looking tempting. Got more than enough to be going on with for now, I reckon...unless anyone knows any good little riverside pubs that do a great Sunday lunch by the Thames?

there are a few by the river along from Tower Bridge (heading away from central London on the southern bank) and a few in Shad Thames, but they're no directly by the river..

depends on how far you want to go. Hammersmith has some class places by the river and it's a bit away from all the tourists

• Rich changed the title to London