Where do you shop for clothes?

wormy

Alreet then lads and lasses. Noticed it taking over the other thread so why not? It's been a pet peeve of mine in the past couple of years. Used to be able to pop in Burton, River Island, Republic, and get some not too bad items. Easily my favourite clothes shops. Now, despite Ste saying they're not on a level of Topman, they are still turning into awful places. Where do yous all prefer?

Also, hate online shopping. Nine times out of ten fuck all fits me. :lol:

Republic and River Island are still areet. You do have to sift through, mind. There's some awful gear amongst the nice stuff.

BANK is pretty good, if a little pricey.

I'm finding it really difficult to pick a shop I like.

I have been liking the independant shops around our town (Swansea) but the clothes are too expensive. There was a great shirt there the other day and it was £80.

I did like Superdry but every one and their dog has a piece of Superdry clothing since the shop opened in town a few months ago.

I've picked up a few little crackers from H&M at very cheap prices as well.

Online as long as you don't mind sifting through a shed load of stuff ASOS seems to cater for most.

Tbf with me I think it's just not moving along with the times. I despise this chequered shirt, striped jumper, plimsolls, thing happening right now. And the 'JLS' movement as they're calling it. There's one shop in Ipswich and I shit you not, it's literally 2 racks of shirts, one is various coloured and toned stripey jumpes, and the other various colours of chequered shirts.

Random crazy off-the-wall places. Very rarely shop at any of the mentioned Men's clothing outlets. Much prefer to buy an item of clothing that less than 1 in 10 people are wearing. Nothing too interesting mind you, and mostly online.

Alreet then lads and lasses. Noticed it taking over the other thread so why not? It's been a pet peeve of mine in the past couple of years. Used to be able to pop in Burton, River Island, Republic, and get some not too bad items. Easily my favourite clothes shops. Now, despite Ste saying they're not on a level of Topman, they are still turning into awful places. Where do yous all prefer?

Places like Marks and Sparks and Next for things like shoes and maybe some shirts. I can shop at Hollister well in fact I love the place but won't buy any of the joggers or the things that have Hollister branded across them. Debenhams in town has some good concessions. I also shop at a local independent menswear retailer who I usually buy my underwear from. I've with you on Burton, etc becoming crap over the last few years. I once tried to shop at H&M and I got a coat from there and every time I went to put it on a button fell off, I went back and all the remaining coats on the shelf had buttons missing. I've never been back.

I've been to Peacocks for just jeans for knocking about it but I don't think I could get anything else from there.

Places like Marks and Sparks and Next for things like shoes and maybe some shirts. I can shop at Hollister well in fact I love the place but won't buy any of the joggers or the things that have Hollister branded across them. Debenhams in town has some good concessions. I also shop at a local independent menswear retailer who I usually buy my underwear from. I've with you on Burton, etc becoming crap over the last few years. I once tried to shop at H&M and I got a coat from there and every time I went to put it on a button fell off, I went back and all the remaining coats on the shelf had buttons missing. I've never been back.

The underwear bit. :lol:

Random crazy off-the-wall places. Very rarely shop at any of the mentioned Men's clothing outlets. Much prefer to buy an item of clothing that less than 1 in 10 people are wearing. Nothing too interesting mind you, and mostly online.

I try this but it does take time to find something 'different'

Tell you what, Threadless that was mentioned on here. Next time I've got a bit of cash for some clothes I'm jumping on there. Some sweet stuff, and good guidelines for the sizes, so I feel like I won't have to be returning everything the day it all gets delivered.

Nothing screams 'I'm a cunt' more than Hollister clothes. Not even cardigans.

I usually get the shirts though which don't have the Hollister all across it. I like the shorts from there as well. The materiel is always soft. I'm getting pissed of with everyone wearing it now though.

Guest Stephen927

I'd buy more clothes online but I hate how some shirts will have a tight fit on the arms cos everyone is going for that 'look at my muscles' look. Always got to try them on to make sure the fit is right. I tried a tee on in some independent store in Metro Centre and my nipples have only just popped out again.

Guest icemanblue

The underwear bit. :lol:

Aye, killed me. :lol:

End, Union and online, for me. H&M and Topman for work stuff/basics.

Burton and Debenhams atm. Topman is atrocious imo.

EDIT: H&M from time to time too. Mind you I'm very picky about clothes these days - takes me ages to actually decide whether I'm buying something or not :laugh:

Guest Stephen927

The local independent menswear retailer is at Cramlington market every Wednesday. Ask for Mr Singh.

:lol:

One nice top I saw in Burton a couple of weeks back. Only one I dared touch. Fit me perfectly everywhere, except the arms were ridiculously tight. I don't get why they'd make a top that baggy everywhere but the arms. I don't care how muscley a person is, they'd look so fucking out of proportion it's unreal.

Tell you what, Threadless that was mentioned on here. Next time I've got a bit of cash for some clothes I'm jumping on there. Some sweet stuff, and good guidelines for the sizes, so I feel like I won't have to be returning everything the day it all gets delivered.

They sell a lot of their designs on American Apparel t-shirts.. so all you need is 1 American Apparel t-shirt to size up, and then you're golden.

Guest Stephen927

:lol:

One nice top I saw in Burton a couple of weeks back. Only one I dared touch. Fit me perfectly everywhere, except the arms were ridiculously tight. I don't get why they'd make a top that baggy everywhere but the arms. I don't care how muscley a person is, they'd look so fucking out of proportion it's unreal.

And they always end up going higher and higher up your arm the more time you spend wearing them and moving about in them. Not comfortable at all.

I've just had a look on there, why do the models make weird faces?, most of them look like their having shit.

For Jeans I always got to the Levi shop in Eldon Square, Threadless is class especially since they've changed the postage costs, must have about 20 of their t shirts now.

I've just had a look on there, why do the models make weird faces?, most of them look like their having shit.

That only happens when you look at them, Stifler. Perfectly normal looking to everyone else. Guess you just have that effect on people. :shifty: