Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I agree he had much more to his game but that season we finished 5th, a lot of the goals were him grabbing one from nothing and catching opponents half asleep. He was a great all round forward but what he truly excelled at was turning up with a finish out of fuck all. 

Well that's what makes him more than just a poacher tbf. 

I think he was underrated on the left/forward left position as well when Cisse was on fire. Whether it was Pardew, player disputes or combination of both that resulted in slightly altered tactics week to week to give both some time as center forwards, it was a shame that we didn't stick with that system even if it meant we didn't get the very best our of Ba. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Loved Ba. RIP Tiote - what a ball.

I was never a massive critic of Tiote. He had his limitations but he always took responsibility.

Darkest hour of the forum when most of the N-O seemed to prefer Anita to Tiote for a while. Any time I see the word 'ticking' in any context even in 2022 makes me mad thinking about that time. :lol:

45 minutes ago, LV said:

I remember that goal but I don’t remember that kit 

Was just thinking that, guess the Pardew years where forgettable as much as they where horrible, it's actually quite a nice kit, colour is lush tbh :lol:

13 minutes ago, 54 said:

Was just thinking that, guess the Pardew years where forgettable as much as they where horrible, it's actually quite a nice kit, colour is lush tbh :lol:

Have that shirt with Ben Arfa on the back but the name, number and sponsor are absolutely ruined and feel sticky now. 2000-2001 home shirt with Shearer on the back that has been in the washing machine a lot more is still like new. Wish they made them like before.

Edited by Pata

Guest reefatoon
17 hours ago, Pata said:

Darkest hour of the forum when most of the N-O seemed to prefer Anita to Tiote for a while. Any time I see the word 'ticking' in any context even in 2022 makes me mad thinking about that time. :lol:

Bunch of crazy lunatics on here.

• 8 months later...