Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Remy in would be good but it would also leave us with only one recognised striker down the middle, and one in terrible form at that. We need to replace Ba's presence in the side AND get another forward. We needed a Remy type forward even with Ba and Cisse at the club so one in and one out wouldn't be good enough for us imo. In fact it would be gambling with our premiership status once again.

Can't Remy play down the middle as well?

Aye he played there last season where he scored 20+ in all comps, i'd expect us to play him and Hatem outwide flanking Cisse when all are fit though.

If we bought him that is :lol:

This is shit. There's no other way to spin it.

No doubt, but with that clause this was always on the cards. Chelsea can afford to take an expensive gamble on that knee. We obviously couldn't. Not many other clubs were prepared to either to be fair.

Guest firetotheworks

The only positive I take from this is that it's not a team where he's likely to start, or one of QPR or Liverpool.

It's losing a grand and finding a quid though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Even if he isn't gone by the Everton game (he'll be gone by Tuesday imo) I wouldn't play him anyway, it would be pointless.

Goals are pretty important, yo.

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/384705993139092715_WHjLmsS0_c.jpg

NO MORE GOALS

He plays for Crystal Palace not Barcelona, and no one has made an offer for him.

Arsenal? What to go with the other 4-5 players they have like him. Chelsea to get a game ahead of Moses who live off bits? Manu with their 5 forwards? Citeh to live it up like Sinclair.

appealing moves i must admit.

Too much hype about Zaha now, his price will be extortionate :(

It's remarkable that we got such a prolific striker on a free transfer, knowing how hard it is to buy a good one. Paid nowt, scored loads, got us into Europe and we make a tiny profit on him - albeit nowhere near his value. Just trying to put some positive spin on some bad news.

Is Zaha actually good enough to come in and start each week?

I wouldn't mind him as a squad option but basically replace Ba? that ain't going to cut it for me.

I would expect to see someone like Remy or Aubameyang, anything less and our worst fears have been realised.

Remy in would be good but it would also leave us with only one recognised striker down the middle, and one in terrible form at that. We need to replace Ba's presence in the side AND get another forward. We needed a Remy type forward even with Ba and Cisse at the club so one in and one out wouldn't be good enough for us imo. In fact it would be gambling with our premiership status once again.

Can't Remy play down the middle as well?

Aye he played there last season where he scored 20+ in all comps, i'd expect us to play him and Hatem outwide flanking Cisse when all are fit though.

If we bought him that is :lol:

That's what I thought, so we aren't really a striker down if we get Remy in.

He plays for Crystal Palace not Barcelona, and no one has made an offer for him.

Arsenal? What to go with the other 4-5 players they have like him. Chelsea to get a game ahead of Moses who live off bits? Manu with their 5 forwards? Citeh to live it up like Sinclair.

As if that stops these idiots, man.

You've listed 2 of them in your post. Sinclair and Moses, sitting on their golden benches with not a care in the world.

Too much hype about Zaha now, his price will be extortionate :(

It's remarkable that we got such a prolific striker on a free transfer, knowing how hard it is to buy a good one. Paid nowt, scored loads, got us into Europe and we make a tiny profit on him - albeit nowhere near his value. Just trying to put some positive spin on some bad news.

Yeah like when Liverpool and Tottenham were going to buy Whickam for £15m to end up at Sunderland for half that.

Guest firetotheworks

Naive to think that footballers think like that or care about those things tbh.

You've listed 2 of them in your post. Sinclair and Moses, sitting on their golden benches with not a care in the world.

Both played for a club who can give them premiership football first.

Moses has played a lot more for Chelsea than I had expected tbf.

Probably not as an automatic starter but he'd be good enough to start his fair share of matches, be a back-up and make an impact from the bench. And that's less a judgement on his current ability and more a reflection on how long it would likely take to adjust to the higher level of football. Who knows though, he could make an impact straight away.

I'd have him here and think he'd sign too. From his recent interview it sounds like he's desperate to make to step up asap.

Somewhat inevitable. They're a richer, more successful club that have one out and out striker. They can afford to gamble on his dodgy knee. They can afford his ridiculous agents' demands. They're in enough competitions that they can play him through the middle.

No particular ill-will towards him if he should go, which it looks like he will. He has been an outstanding performer for us, for 18 months and given his all on the pitch.

Should he move on, we need to move on quick-sharp. I think Ashley won't buy a replacement in January, because he bought Ba's replacement last January in anticipation of Ba leaving last year: Cisse.

Probably not as an automatic starter but he'd be good enough to start his fair share of matches, be a back-up and make an impact from the bench. And that's less a judgement on his current ability and more a reflection on how long it would likely take to adjust to the higher level of football. Who knows though, he could make an impact straight away.

I'd have him here and think he'd sign too. From his recent interview it sounds like he's desperate to make to step up asap.

:kasper:

someone not playing up to the 'wee club' mentality.

Guest firetotheworks

Somewhat inevitable. They're a richer, more successful club that have one out and out striker. They can afford to gamble on his dodgy knee. They can afford his ridiculous agents' demands. They're in enough competitions that they can play him through the middle.

No particular ill-will towards him if he should go, which it looks like he will. He has been an outstanding performer for us, for 18 months and given his all on the pitch.

Should he move on, we need to move on quick-sharp. I think Ashley won't buy a replacement in January, because he bought Ba's replacement last January in anticipation of Ba leaving last year: Cisse.

Leon Best needs replacing then, if that's the case.

Moses has played a lot more for Chelsea than I had expected tbf.

Moses has been class for them I think as well, pity we never got him when in Championship