NBA - season 2012 - Heat champs

Luc

Last night the greatest season in NBA history came to an even greater end. Time to look forward to the upcoming season.

I just had to beat Mike with this new thread, for the sake of all non Knicks fans on here :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Phew, an NBA thread without results in the topic - YAY! Sure Mike will plan your demise though, he'll be brooding in his Cave. Waiting. Mulling. Ready.

Phew, an NBA thread without results in the topic - YAY! Sure Mike will plan your demise though, he'll be brooding in his Cave. Waiting. Mulling. Ready.

That's the idea :angel:

Mike will stop following the NBA anyway when the Knicks sign Greg Oden :yikes:

Well played Luc. For the Championship, sure but more importantly securing the thread naming rights for next season!

Dare I say it... it's two titles in one day!! Get it? Get it?

Gonna be class when Mike gets here and acts all casual about this when you know that deep down he'll be SEETHING. :lol:

:lol: Like you with the NFL thread that time? Nah.

I ran last years thread like Kim Jong Il. Iron grip. Knicks propaganda.

Lockout coming. No point even discussing what could happen next year.

To be fair, Stu was upset enough for everyone about that. :lol:

I just asked Dave if there was any way I could edit the thread title with FF updates and that was what he came up with. So yeah, all hail Luc.

Aye, that should just be the name of the thread tbh.

What's the story with the basketball lockout anyway? Same with the football one where they're just waiting for the courts to tell them exactly who has the leverage?

NBA is in worse shape than the NFL, afaik. This lockout is going to be some serious shit. Teams are hemorrhaging money and there is going to be a decided effort to change the business model. If the owners get their way re: salary caps, Miami will have to drop one of the big three.

Thank Christ we will have a consistent title this year. I dont know how many times I scrolled past the thread because mike had changed it to something inevitably daft. Ironically what he usually changed it from was also daft.

Rebuilding year for us unless Yao comes back.

Honestly, we would have a title if Yao didn't break his foot against the lakers three years ago. This mavs team really reminded me of that rockets team. We would have made the finals and beaten the magic (yao always owns dwight). He would have averaged 25/10 along the way and got what he deserved.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thank Christ we will have a consistent title this year. I dont know how many times I scrolled past the thread because mike had changed it to something inevitably daft. Ironically what he usually changed it from was also daft.

Worst NBA Commissionaire in years, no wonder there's a lockout looming. MIKE OUT! BOO!

Rebuilding year for us unless Yao comes back.

Honestly, we would have a title if Yao didn't break his foot against the lakers three years ago. This mavs team really reminded me of that rockets team. We would have made the finals and beaten the magic (yao always owns dwight). He would have averaged 25/10 along the way and got what he deserved.

And all he needed were feet.

Guest GAMMELL

Out of interest Michael, you say Miami will have to drop 1 of the big 3 if owners get their way with this new CBA bullshit, does this mean the likes of the Lakers, Magic, Celts hell even the Milwaukee Bucks have to trim their payroll considerably aswell as Miami?

:smitten: The Heat hate is still as strong as ever which is great imo, & it's justly deserved, I mean the carry on in Game 2 after been up 15 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter is simply adding fuel to the fire not just for opposing fans but more importantly, the fucking opposition, no need for that dancing shit. I'd absolutely loathe the Heat if I weren't a fan already but hey, they're my team & always have been since the mid 90's. My 2 cents worth on our season and the future, all in all, Miami came up two games short of winning a championship with basically a totally new reassembled team, we'll get better & no doubt other teams will too, but at the end of the day, this team was built to compete for championships and so far they did, after 1 year. We'll get ours please god, it takes time. Was still sweet knocking fuck out of the Celts & thumping shit out of CHIRCARGO in the post-season considering the regular season struggles against the East elite. This defeat has to be a serious motivation for us to kick on & for LeBron to get his head out of his arsehole. We'll be back, cos Bimbo Coles said so...   O0

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9odgqDVyX1qay78vo1_400.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What you should be worried about Gammy, is that LeBron was Cavs LeBron almost step for step. Its not the Cavs that let him down in the playoffs, its himself - he believes his own hype, but when he's needed the most he disappears. I mean, he has great figures for his first 9 play off appearances, so I can only imagine who insane they'd be if he didn't disappear in the 4th all the time!

This dude posted Bimbo Coles.

They want to take a good long look at the hard cap, from what I've read. Teams will have decisions to make.

I think one of the Big 3 will be gone, though.

What you should be worried about Gammy, is that LeBron was Cavs LeBron almost step for step. Its not the Cavs that let him down in the playoffs, its himself - he believes his own hype, but when he's needed the most he disappears. I mean, he has great figures for his first 9 play off appearances, so I can only imagine who insane they'd be if he didn't disappear in the 4th all the time!

That's what is so strange. He had been pretty amazing all playoffs until then. And it would be one thing to choke and start missing shots, but he didn't even take shots. He was constantly hiding and giving up the ball even in relatively open positions.