FM 2012

Greg

Howay then Chris, what is on the cards?

The game probably doesn't officially exist yet, I've not really been following developments.

What new features do you want to see in FM 2012? What should be binned from the previous version?

I wouldn't be against no new features and just getting the ME and everything else as close to perfect as possible before releasing it for a very small fee with a data update very shortly after the transfer window is closed. Can't see them ever doing that though $$$€€€££.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wouldn't be against no new features and just getting the ME and everything else as close to perfect as possible before releasing it for a very small fee with a data update very shortly after the transfer window is closed. Can't see them ever doing that though $$$€€€££.

That was FM 10... kinda. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to what you mentioned happen in the near future. Can imagine that creating a new ME will take a while, so you not see it for a version or two.

Might take a break. Bought every version since it became FM in 05. Ultimately end up disappointed, bored, and figure it wasn't worth how much I paid for it. Then again. I've been saying this since '09.

Just a little thing, but maybe an interview process when applying for jobs? Could be like the media bit I guess, but a feature where say a club comes to you and says, 'you are on a shortlist of x managers being considered for the role, we would like to interview you for the position before making a final decision'.

Just a little thing, but maybe an interview process when applying for jobs? Could be like the media bit I guess, but a feature where say a club comes to you and says, 'you are on a shortlist of x managers being considered for the role, we would like to interview you for the position before making a final decision'.

Sounds like a good idea :thup:

Would be brilliant tbh, as what you said in the interview could be what they measure your success/failure after. Such as saying "I can do this job on a shoestring budget" and yet go and spunk high wages on players that make no impact and so on.

Either ditch the interaction options already there or let it actually have more of an effect. Must say, that's one thing TCM/Fifa Manager's always impressed me on. Interaction has much more of an impact.

Hate how they always release it in November. The minute the transfer market closes is where my longing to play Football Manager is at it´s absolute peak, seriously not being able to play Football Manager right away with all the new signings and season´s high expectations drives me bat shit crazy. Hope they can release it closer to September at some point in the future.

And some sort of a public beta would be nice as well. I often find the game riddled with big and obvious bugs and wonder how the hell those got through beta testing. Then I end up getting frusturated and finally give up on the game til they release a patch. For example in the latest game when you bought a 15-17 year old player signed as a "hot prospect for the future" or a "decent young player" and then moved him to the u18/reserve he would get unhappy and complain over unfair treatment, more often than not this unhappiness would spread among the squad and suddenly you have revolt in the dressing room because a young kid signed for the future was put in the reserve. Also find it annoying how long they take to patch the game, some gamebreaking (at least to me) bugs in the game and we have to wait 2-3 months for a patch. I wouldn´t mind more frequent patches or at least small hotfixes for the main issues.

Still waiting on the ability to set tactical instructions for each player rather than having to alter it during the game so I can simply make a substitution and not spend 5 minutes changing the player's individual instructions.

Press conferences need to either go altogether or be completely revamped, don't ask me how well I thought an opposition player performed, I really don't give a shit.  I expect that if real press conferences happened as they do in FM then Alex Ferguson would have spent the entire post-CL final press conference answering questions about how amazing Messi is and have no questions about how he felt his team had performed.

Player's wage demands need to be looked at, I shouldn't be renegotiating contracts every few months and agents need shooting or at the very least there needs to be an option in the player interaction to inform the player that the reason they can't have a new contract is because their agent is a greedy bastard who asked for an unrealistic amount of money or simply refused to talk.

The ME needs tweaking so that physical attributes aren't so important otherwise teams like Wolves end up being CL contenders within a couple of seasons simply because they have good physical stats.  I'd also like the option to tell my forwards to Stop shooting straight at the keeper you stupid bastards!, even with the "likes to round the keeper" preferred move at least 75% of shots on target by my forwards are straight at the keeper.

A few more scouting options would be nice, I'd like to be able to tell one or all of my scouts to go out and find me a complete forward or deep-lying playmaker instead of just giving me a list of players in a country.  I know that I can effectively do that using the filters but it would be nice to have it as a search option instead of having to spend time entering in the stats required (it would also be nice to see young players would might develop into a role eventually but who won't have the stats yet to match the requirements).

A very minor point but it would be good if my assistant could arrange friendly matches for my reserve and youth teams when they've either got a long break between games or where there's no reserve competition.

Fix player interaction talking to them isn't a game of Russian Roulette.  Also, if a player leaves the club and then has a go at me, the club or other players in the press then I should be able to tell the press that the player is, in my opinion, unprofessional.

Fix the transfer system, don't have the AI talk to the press for months (years in some cases) about how much they want to buy a player, actually make a bid.  If I've set a transfer fee then start there as a negotiating point, if I haven't set a fee yet it doesn't mean that I'll accept the player's auto-value.  I shouldn't have to go on holiday for a few weeks over summer to generate the transfer offers that AI-to-AI teams get all the time.

Press conferences are my biggest issue. They are dull, have no resemblance to real life questions and answers, and feel pretty random regarding the effects on player morale. I always send my assistant.

Same with player interaction, the options are very limited and I can never say what I really want to say. The reactions are also random, there's no way of knowing how a player will react so I'm shooting in the dark.

Give me more feedback on players personalities instead of single word definitions like "determined", "professional"... I'm spending 7 days a week with this people, surely I should be able to have a better guess on how they will react if, say, I call them on their bad form? If they will get angry, depressed, will they be motivated to play better. Maybe then give me other options to trying to provoke a reaction. Instead of the generic "play well or else..." option give me alternatives, like "You're on a bad run, but I have faith in your ability" / "You are much better than what you're showing and I want you to demonstrate it", that will work better with different personalities.

Give me also more diversity of issues to address. For example, let's say I have a good player who flounders in big games, allow me to talk to him before a final trying to calm him down, etc...

Regarding agents, they are utter and complete cunts, annoying as hell and intent of bleeding me dry. So SI has nailed them on that regard.

Regarding agents, they are utter and complete cunts, annoying as hell and intent of bleeding me dry. So SI has nailed them on that regard.

I was reading through this sentence, about to point out the flaw in your complaint until I got to the last bit.  :lol:  :thup:

"There's absolutely no way I'm backing down here."

"I've lost all confidence in your ability."

"I don't trust/believe you."

I've had those responses while trying to praise someone's recent form even though they've averaged well over 7.5 in the last five games. I'm in big agreement with a player interaction revamp.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's fucking awful. I'd even scrap press conferences completely until they can make it vaguely engaging.

I know these aren't the exact quotes, but this situation happend to me once with Podolski- :lol:

"Boss, I'm not happy that you're offering me round. I really want to stay"

"I just don't see a future for you here"

"Sorry, but I can't agree."

"If you're not happy, then perhaps it would be best if I placed you on the transfer list"

"Okay, fine"

In your Pre-match feedback thing from your Assistant, when he advises, for example, "Coach x believes Player y should be closed down during the game should he play", rather than just a box for "Dismiss Advice", there should be an option for "Take Advice" so when it comes to the Opposition Players instruction pre-match, that's already taken care of.

:lol: I love to Fuck with players in player interaction on purpose just to see the results. had a player that demanded a transfer, I said no, he argued, I was defiant, he said sorry and asked if i wanted to speak to him about anything epse, I said if he doesn't improve his attitude id transfer him. He apologised and promised he'd improve as he doesnt want to leave.

If you don't designate your throw-in takers, I wish they'd just default it to the RB/RM in that area. The number of times I've had a throw-in near the corner flag on the right, only for Enrique to come all the way across to take a short one, give the ball away and them rape me on the counter-attack down my left is stupid.

Still waiting on the ability to set tactical instructions for each player rather than having to alter it during the game so I can simply make a substitution and not spend 5 minutes changing the player's individual instructions.

Press conferences need to either go altogether or be completely revamped, don't ask me how well I thought an opposition player performed, I really don't give a shit.  I expect that if real press conferences happened as they do in FM then Alex Ferguson would have spent the entire post-CL final press conference answering questions about how amazing Messi is and have no questions about how he felt his team had performed.

Player's wage demands need to be looked at, I shouldn't be renegotiating contracts every few months and agents need shooting or at the very least there needs to be an option in the player interaction to inform the player that the reason they can't have a new contract is because their agent is a greedy bastard who asked for an unrealistic amount of money or simply refused to talk.

The ME needs tweaking so that physical attributes aren't so important otherwise teams like Wolves end up being CL contenders within a couple of seasons simply because they have good physical stats.  I'd also like the option to tell my forwards to Stop shooting straight at the keeper you stupid bastards!, even with the "likes to round the keeper" preferred move at least 75% of shots on target by my forwards are straight at the keeper.

A few more scouting options would be nice, I'd like to be able to tell one or all of my scouts to go out and find me a complete forward or deep-lying playmaker instead of just giving me a list of players in a country.  I know that I can effectively do that using the filters but it would be nice to have it as a search option instead of having to spend time entering in the stats required (it would also be nice to see young players would might develop into a role eventually but who won't have the stats yet to match the requirements).

A very minor point but it would be good if my assistant could arrange friendly matches for my reserve and youth teams when they've either got a long break between games or where there's no reserve competition.

Fix player interaction talking to them isn't a game of Russian Roulette.  Also, if a player leaves the club and then has a go at me, the club or other players in the press then I should be able to tell the press that the player is, in my opinion, unprofessional.

Fix the transfer system, don't have the AI talk to the press for months (years in some cases) about how much they want to buy a player, actually make a bid.  If I've set a transfer fee then start there as a negotiating point, if I haven't set a fee yet it doesn't mean that I'll accept the player's auto-value.  I shouldn't have to go on holiday for a few weeks over summer to generate the transfer offers that AI-to-AI teams get all the time.

All very good points that I would like to see, don't think it's asking too much either. The player instruction one especially pisses me off.