Doom 4

Willow

"That's the model that we're moving toward…being able to migrate parts of the company between projects on there kind of makes for a better schedule. And the only thing I've really talked about on Doom 4, technology-wise, is that we did make the decision that…well, my biggest pride and joy about Rage is that I won the fight for 60 frames per second on there, but it involves significant trade-offs. You can't have 30 guys crawling all over you at 60 frames per second at this graphics technology level because it's painful. It's a lot of effort to do that. But, we did make the call that for Doom 4, the single-player is going to go 30 frames per second on the consoles. So we can have 30 demons crawling all over you on there. But the multiplayer is still going to be 60 frames per second, so it has the quality feel that Rage has. "

Single player: 30 fps, hordes of demons everywhere.

Multiplayer: 60fps

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318725/e3-2011-john-carmack-talks-wii-u-playstation-vita-and-next-gen-rage

Looking forward to this game a lot, shame nothing is known about it really. Carmack is a superbrain.

Plus I'm guessing the 30/60fps stuff is for consoles, the glorius pc master race will want to push it hard

Main thing I remember about Doom 3 is that it was fucking dark.  Like, not atmospheric, scary dark, but "Am I walking down a corridor or am I jogging on the spot with my face pressed against a wall?" dark.

Guest Stephen927

Doom 3 was one of the best games of last gen for my money. Switching between torch and gun was class, really gave the game an edge.

Still remember my mate playing doom 3 for the first time and that fucking bloke hiding under the stairs on the first bit of the first level, shouted "Hey".

My mate jumped off his seat, spun on the spot (in game) and shot him in the face.  Dead.

Mint reaction shot.