Do I have USB 2 ports?

BlueStar

Right, I've had this PC for ages and I'm no longer quite sure what's in it.  Often when I plugged a USB device into the front USB ports I'd get the message "This device can perform faster when connected to a USB 2 port, click here for a list of all available ports".  I've now got a wireless adapter on it to connect the the wireless router cos in me new house the main PCs in the loft and the hub's in the study.  Obviously I want the adapter to be on a USB2 port, assuming I've got one.  I've got 2 ports on the front (which I guess are USB 1.1) and on the back I've got four clustered around the ethernet/speaker/ps2 connectors and two at the very bottom of the unit which I'm not sure are connected to anything as they don't seem to function.

This is what my USB connections look like in device manager.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1816/unled1bz.jpg

I get that message for some reason when I plug stuff into my USB 2.0 ports, mainly my external HDD.. it's only started happening since I made the switch to Windows 7  :undecided:

Well, I've plugged it into a port where I didn't get the warning and I've managed to download a film at 2.7 meg a second, so I guess it's working OK.

I say it's working OK, it's sometimes really, really slow.  Was on it last night and connected to the hub was my phone (idle), the lass downstairs on her netbook and the 360, along with the main PC in the loft I was using.  Was taking ages to load a youtube vid, so did a speed test, which came back at about 1mbit/sec.  Went and got my netbook and took it into the study and plugged it straight into the hub and got 30 mbit/sec.  Sitting right next to the hub and trying it through wireless I got up to 8.  Im using one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002SZEOLG/ref=oss_product

and a wireless N Virgin Media superhub.  Like I say, at times I've got a pretty good dl speed, but last night was a pain in the arse.  There seem to be loads of wireless networks about the place, so I dunno if it's interference (I've got it on automatically detect other networks and pick the best channel).  I tried switching to 5ghz mode, but none of my devices could connect on that setting.  Might have to just pay someone to run an ethernet cable up into the loft.

No help to your situation but my YouTube is the same, can take forever just to be able to watch a 3-4min clip, this is on laptop or iPad, even sat right onto of the router, however I can use YouTube downloader and be watching the clip within a few seconds, it really don't make any sense to me