Anyone with GiffGaff?

James

Just wondered what people's experiences are.

Certainly would appeal to pay for a phone up front and only have to pay £10 a month for unlimited texts and internet contract free - must save a few hundred pounds for the high-end smart phones with similar allowances!

Thanks. Is there much to be done to set SIM up, or is it just a case of filling out a few online forms and waiting?

Also forum users will make microSIMs for you if you need one and post it for you for free. Is that pretty safe?

Not sure mate, I just ordered a sim off the website.

When it arrives you have to go onto the website and enter the code from the piece of paper it's wrapped in and fill in a few details to register and you're good to go. I like the way you can just sign in on the website and top up if you want and like I say some of the deals are perfect for me.

They have increased the prices a bit since I first signed up but my last top up was £5 and that's got me 300 texts and 100 or so minutes which will do for the month.

Best thing about it is the reception, I've always got close to full reception and never lost signal yet :) Unlike Vodafone who were absolutely awful.

Best thing about it is the reception, I've always got close to full reception and never lost signal yet :) Unlike Vodafone who were absolutely awful.

They use the O2 network. In fact from my research I found it is all owned by O2 employees. Interesting business model but if it means low costs and good services I'm all for it.

£10 a month for unlimited texts and internet, and 250 call minutes on any unlocked phone is unreal compared to what I've seen elsewhere.

• 3 months later...

Stu I'll have the points! My GG name is acraggs =]

The payback system is class, since I joined (£5 join bonus) I've gained £28 in payback points and another £5 as a friend signed up with a sim I gave them. In that time I've spent £20 on goodybags but £10 of that was the bonus I got for sign up and my friend. So I'm £18 quid up so far!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if I can I set a standing order up with these so it's essentially the same as a contract deal? Not sure I can be arsed logging on to buy a goodybag every month.

Don't think so. They also don't allow tethering, so I've not bothered with them tbh.