The "This Group of Lads" Era

oldtype

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00233/nolan_barton_05_619_233961a.jpg

Two years where a group of flawed individuals came together as more than the sum of their parts to drag this club back from the edge of oblivion.

You may have not been the best players/manager but thanks for making me not hate everyone involved with my club again.

For better or worse, it's over now guys. Feel free to reminisce.

Fair enough they got us back into the Premier League relatvively comfortably but lets not forget it was the majority of them that had us down in the Championship in the first place.

I'm still more proud to be a Newcastle fan than most times in recent years. Losing Nolan I'm upset about, Barton less so because of his recent outbursts.

It's not as if Barton and Nolan are the only professional footballers capable of playing as a team, hopefully we will be looking into the background of players before signing them.

I'm still more proud to be a Newcastle fan than most times in recent years. Losing Nolan I'm upset about, Barton less so because of his recent outbursts.

It's not as if Barton and Nolan are the only professional footballers capable of playing as a team, hopefully we will be looking into the background of players before signing them.

And if Enrique and Gutierrez were to go?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We now come into the attitude era.

:snod:

Time to kick ass.

Stone Cold Steve Stone will sort them out.

It's not the Mighty Ducks for fuck sake, we got promoted with the best and most expensive squad the championship has ever seen. :lol:

:lol:

Fuking hell this thread.

Barton and Nolan were to of the players to stand up to the board when Hughton was sacked.

Coincidence they are being shown the door?

Nolan has repeatedly stuck up for the club since the Carroll thing however although I wouldn't be surprised if the former still rankled.

And if Enrique and Gutierrez were to go?

I would be disappointed if Enrique goes, but I think it's inevitable. Jonas I want to stay and think he will, the only evidence to the contrary is one tweet by Barton.

Losing so many players at once is a risk of course, I'm not denying that. I would rather we were keeping them all.

Barton and Nolan were to of the players to stand up to the board when Hughton was sacked.

Coincidence they are being shown the door?

Nolan has repeatedly stuck up for the club since the Carroll thing however although I wouldn't be surprised if the former still rankled.

Nolan was delighted Carroll left for Liverpool the club he really loves.