Mass Exodus

Guest magpie99

Guest magpie99

Is Joey Barton right in stating we can look forward to a mass exodus of players and is it already in process. If so, how will this affect our future over the next couple of years.

Gone: Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi - almost 40 million pounds gained, salary savings 120K per week

Probably gone: Enrique, Ranger, Barton - probably around 12 million pounds to gain, salary savings 110K per week

Unwanted: Smith, Routledge, Xisco - probably around 4 million pounds to gain, salary savings 140K per week

Past it: Harper, Ameobi, Perch, Lovenkrands - probably would get about 3 million for that lot plus salary savings of around 150K per week.

Whats left: Krul, Forster, Taylor, Simpson, Williamson, Kadar, R.Taylor, Guthrie, Best, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Gosling, Colo, Jonas, Tiote plus a few kids.

Of course, what do we factor in to finance the current debt and how much does that leave us to spend on players?

In my opinion, the club is on the verge of imploding and the reasons are clear to me, maybe you too.

1.  We have sold off our most important players.

2.  We cannot seem to shift unwanted players who are running down their contracts.

3.  We are finding it difficult to attract quality replacements

4.  Management seems to be intent on buying bargain basement out of contract players, release clauses etc etc etc.

5.  We have sold our leader. who will replace him.

6.  The club's reputation is terrible.

I am certain that the likes of Tiote and Jonas will be sold off before the season commences and non descript replacements will be brought in.

All this continual talk about players coming in, so far, has seen a steady reduction from the likes of Cameiro, Gervinho etc to Barnetta etc and soon, it will be the likes of Carlton Cole etc.

In my opinion, Management (not Pardew or Lame arse but Ashley) needs to immediately communicate with the fans and advise us all of three things:

1.  Why our best players have been sold off and the truth, not just crap to pull the wool over our eyes.

2.  The real state of our financial situation supported by evidence

3.  What are the REAL short and long term plans for the club so that fans can see developments without second guessing everyone and everything.

Now, some of you might think I am on cloud cuckoo land, but this is how I see our current situation and if the above points are not addressed, then I would imagine an awful lot of supporters might be thinking along the revolutionary lines like me as relegation WILL be a distinct probability if things do not improve and FAST.

Comments please

Awfully negative post there, even by this forum's standards.

In short, no there won't be a mass exodus imo. We certainly won't be selling Tiote, that I'm sure of.

EDIT:

Is Joey Barton right in stating we can look forward to a mass exodus of players and is it already in process.

I also see you have blown Barton's tweets out of proportion :doh: :facepalm:

Guest VegasToon

"Gone: Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi - almost 40 million pounds gained, salary savings 120K per week

Probably gone: Enrique, Ranger, Barton - probably around 12 million pounds to gain, salary savings 110K per week

Unwanted: Smith, Routledge, Xisco - probably around 4 million pounds to gain, salary savings 140K per week"

And how many of those players are top 6 players?  How many are even mid table Prem players?

And another thing, it's still mid-June FFS. Plenty of time to sign players!

Though I do agree with this:

In my opinion, Management (not Pardew or Lame arse but Ashley) needs to immediately communicate with the fans and advise us all of three things:

1.  Why our best players have been sold off and the truth, not just crap to pull the wool over our eyes.

Communication between the board and the fans has been absolutely p*ss poor and is something that should be addressed. Bring back Mort tbh.

Guest hobshobs

A complete over reaction and a panic post.

Some people just don't seem to get it.

Mike Ashley, quite rightly, won't agree to a long contract for Nolan because he doesn't want the club in the same situation as a few years ago with dead meat earning massive salaries and unable to produce it on the park. (Butt, Geremi and the likes).

Nolan is struggling big time already in terms of pace but has two years left on his current contract. He wants a new contract now before it becomes even more glaringly obvious he's struggling.

Contract not forthcoming, he doesn't love us quite as much as he thought he did and he's off to sign for someone else. That someone else is Allardyce who has a proven track record of giving lengthy contracts to players who won't be any good after completing only half the contract. Alan Smith being a prime example.

In a nutshell the old guard are being replaced with an injection of speed and superior talent.

Importantly in Nolan's case no interest of note from any Premier League club.

Next out? Please let it be Ameobi.

Guest VegasToon

Bidding for Gamerio and signing a French International shows no sign of us trying to improve.  :undecided:

Mike Ashley, quite rightly, won't agree to a long contract for Nolan because he doesn't want the club in the same situation as a few years ago with dead meat earning massive salaries and unable to produce it on the park. (Butt, Geremi and the likes).

Nolan is struggling big time already in terms of pace but has two years left on his current contract. He wants a new contract now before it becomes even more glaringly obvious he's struggling.

Contract not forthcoming, he doesn't love us quite as much as he thought he did and he's off to sign for someone else. That someone else is Allardyce who has a proven track record of giving lengthy contracts to players who won't be any good after completing only half the contract. Alan Smith being a prime example.

In a nutshell the old guard are being replaced with an injection of speed and superior talent.

Fantastic post......

I certainly hope the club sorts out this imaginary scenario you've cooked up in your "revolutionary" mind magpie99.  I wouldn't want to see the club implode in whatever fantasy land you live in.

But what about his Churchill-esque (©someone on here) ability to motivate the unmotivated? His uncanny knack of bringing out the best in those around him when the odds are stacked against us? The God-like aura he has cemented in the hearts of everyone who knows him? Does this not count for anything?! :weep: 

Guest magpie99

Thanks for the feedback but I wasnt neccessarily playing the panioc button mode here. I was more interested in members thoughts on how we need to improve over the next couple of seasons rather than just this season.

My main worry is that the Nolan transfer may set off a chain reaction with the likes of our better players wanting to follow him out the door. We are already experiencing this scenario with Enrique refusing to talk and Jonas mentioning he would like to finish his career in Italy. Barton has lost his closest ally so my main thoughts are how this transfer will affect the mindset of others, the overall confidence and of course, the spirit within the team.

I dont see a hell of a lot of quality in the squad to start with and I think all on here would admit a major injection is required.

Having already a thin squad from last season, we have already lost Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi and Carroll (never replaced) with respect to these individuals degrees of quality and we have gained Cabaye.

I know the transfer window is young but we have already gone from Gameiro and Gervinho to Gardner and Ba. Knowing the way Ashley works, what is to say they will not agree terms and we are left with also rans.

The kids arent nearly ready yet to take the step up and we all know Ashley's thoughts on that. Get them in young and then sell them off.

So, I have to admit that in order to get quality in, we will have to spend big time and I just dont see Mike Ashley being prepared to do that.

What a pathetic thread.

Without being too harsh, this.

I see where your coming from, but most of that is tosh. The transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

1.  We have sold off our most important players.  Colo, Tiote, Ben Arfa class above anyone we have got rid of, Enrique, Barton and Jonas are also all still here.

2.  We cannot seem to shift unwanted players who are running down their contracts. I thought that was essentially what happened with Nolan, Smith is on his way out and Campbell is gone.

3.  We are finding it difficult to attract quality replacements    like Cabaye? We can talk about this when the window shuts, thats after it opens. Considering we are not in Europe getting the likes of Cabaye and BenArfa to give up champions league to come here doesn't make me panic.

4.  Management seems to be intent on buying bargain basement out of contract players, release clauses etc etc etc.  Value for money yes, we aren't loaded, like it or not football is a business now and we are like a local business up against national chains in terms of resources. I don't have a problem with spending wisely or how we have spent money. I am in the minority but I like how shrewd we are in terms of this, we could spunk 30m on someone sure but it certainly didnt work out well in the past. If we can afford to spend that amount and the player is right for us I believe we would. We are more geared towards up and coming players though and have been since Ashley came on board, thats not something new.

5.  We have sold our leader. who will replace him.  Time will tell, Harper? maybe Colo or Tiote will step up or Cabaye will take on the mantel, maybe we will bring someone new in. One man doesn't make a team. We should have been looking to replace Nolan anyway. I have confidence that we will

6.  The club's reputation is terrible. Flat out disagree. We are in a totally different state to two years ago, in France especially. Of course that can change overnight with our hierachy.

Agree like Sifu with the communication, Pardew has been particularly silent today. Four years and they still don't get it when it comes to communication with fans. When a simple statement could clear things up they let things fester so fans reach crisis point in chicken licken-esq fashion.

If there is an exodus, Barton is leading it.

Why mention Jonas in his tweet?

I don't buy for a second Nolan will be gutted to leave, I reckon he was sounded out that West Ham were offering him a 5 year deal and with the advantage of knowing how low the current board's stock is with the fanbase he was in a no-lose situation.

Him and Barton are playing the martyr card superbly.

People on here were giving Nolan right stick a few weeks/months ago. Why all of a sudden has he become such an important player to us. Most starting 11's didn't include him anyway. Do people actually think he'd be a good influence warming the bench week in week out. I would have preferred to see him stay as I think he has some value to the club, but I'm not sure whether we should have been giving him a new contract anyway. A year extension on this one maybe based on performances this season. Whilst there is a good chance Enrique will go we kind of thought this for a while anyway, seems his head was turned by links with clubs who can offer European football, this is not a criticism by the way it's understandable. Barton may go, but there is no reason to think Jonas to go yet other than the stupid tweet by Barton.

Yes, a bit of perspective is needed!! Only a month or so ago nobody wanted Nolan in the midfield whatsoever, with continual complaints of his lumbering around the pitch and that Guthrie, Barton, Taylor or Gosling would be a much better pairing for Tiote in the middle. As far as I am concerned he's not going to be greatly missed (footballing terms). Hopefully one of Cabaye/Ben Arfa/Gosling or evenb Guthrie might step up and fill his boots or at the minimum supply some much needed energy and bite.

Somebody above mentioned that both he and Barton were being obstinate about signing their contract offers, I also think that Nolan would be well aware of other teams possible interest and his need for a five year contract is absurd at his age. Ashley is playing it perfectly here, sell em' when they still have some value! Can you imagine when Nolan hits 31-32, how immobile will he be FFS!

I am happy with Cabaye for Nolan, think it's an improvement even though I haven't seen the froggy bloke play :):):)

I would like the management to push for Enrique and barton staying, these two have a lot more worth to us IMO.